turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where can I get answers to program issues? (Unable to file - check for updates error) I have the latest updates. How do I fix this to allow me to submit??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where can I get answers to program issues? (Unable to file - check for updates error) I have the latest updates. How do I fix this to allow me to submit??

Actually I found the answer myself and downloaded an update patch.  This is where to find it...

1.  Click on Help Center (UL menu bar)

2. Click on Support

3. Enter "Check for Updates" in the search a question or keyword field

4. Scroll down & click on "Manually Update Turbo Tax for Windows Software (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business"

5. Under the heading "Turbo Tax 2020 Individual-15.1", Click on #2 to download the 189MB Update

Follow download process instructions.  I reopened the Turbo Tax program and was then able to complete the electronic filing and received a confirmation message.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Can you please provide additional information on the error message you are receiving? What section of TurboTax? 
If you prefer, you can also reach out to TurboTax Customer Support for assistance: What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Actually I found the answer myself and downloaded an update patch.  This is where to find it...

1.  Click on Help Center (UL menu bar)

2. Click on Support

3. Enter "Check for Updates" in the search a question or keyword field

4. Scroll down & click on "Manually Update Turbo Tax for Windows Software (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business"

5. Under the heading "Turbo Tax 2020 Individual-15.1", Click on #2 to download the 189MB Update

Follow download process instructions.  I reopened the Turbo Tax program and was then able to complete the electronic filing and received a confirmation message.

ckuckr1
Returning Member

for some reason I have a for state but I never got it before and I don't know to correct it

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

Do you mean you are filing a state return and in a update loop? If so, which state are you in? I am going to post a few TurboTax FAQ's below that may help, if not and this is not what you are referring too, please reply back so we may assist you further.

We don't offer manual updates for TurboTax state software. If you need to update your state, here are your options.

ckuckr1
Returning Member

I live in Massachusetts, when I complete my forms, I get the message that I illegible deductions on my mass form.  It must have been a mistake but I do not know to correct it

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

We are unable to see your return here in this public forum. 

It would be best to contact support by clicking here for one on one assistance. 

ray811

The updater is not updating  I get a msge stating microsoft error 1603

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Have you tried manually updating? If you need help doing so click here.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies