turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will the 2021 8915-f form be available on Turbo Tax to efile?

@kellyjesr1  3.5 stars is not a stellar review. Online security is huge and the amount of personal information entered for taxes is risky- it will not be protected as well from a newer company that doesn’t have the capital like TT- if I really get the itch I will go see a tax professional in person that I know from my city and pay $100- at least then I know all of my personal information won’t be breached.

@Sld4064 If "site jabber" is your reputable source, then why are you using TT? There rating is way worse on that site!!! Lol

Screenshot_20220209-144641.png

SLD4064...

I respect your opinion and think you should make a decision you're comfortable with.  

Over 30 million tax returns are filed each year using TurboTax so 95 negative reviews is not even worth mentioning.

Screenshot_20220209-144755.png

Soooó... On this "reputable site" @Sld4064  it ranks FreeTaxUSA as 2nd best tax prep company and TurboTax as 58th. Just so ya know

@kmcmillan @Because TT has been around for over 10 years and has 94 reviews and they aren’t saying their money was scammed. Your site is a start up with 207 reviews saying they personal info was scammed and breached- there is a difference

@DoninGA  Exactly!!!!

I'm merely pointing out what the site you recommended says. I don't find it credible at all but that's the source you stayed. You do what's right for you! @Sld4064 

@Sld4064 FreeTaxUSA was founded in 2001. But I digress. I'm not going to argue on which company is better than the other because that's not even the point. I've loved TurboTax and have been a loyal member for 10 years. But they keep giving vastly differing information and have no reasonable explanation as to why it will take almost 2 months for certain forms to be uploaded into their system. I can't afford to wait on them and chose to go with another reputable company that has the forms currently available NOW. That's all. I'd think a company that has 30 million customers a year would be able to program the software those customers need into their system... But I guess not. 

HR Block will have it available 2/16. I called customer support for TT and they confirmed March 17th. HR block is also half the price. Disappointing because I have used TT for the past 8 years.

As others have noted, FreeTaxUSA is an IRS-approved e-file provider. 

https://apps.irs.gov/app/freeFile/browse-all-offers/ 

I'm sure FreeTaxUSA and the other IRS-approved sites had to go through a vetting process to make sure they are legitimate and secure.

The question here is about a form.  Many of us have been with TT for years and years.  However those that decide to go else where, please do so and stop pushing your choices on others.  

thank you.   Just got 40 emails with info I do not want...

I just called TurboTax and once again inquired about the 8915 f form. I was given the standard date of 3-31-22. I am sure that the form will be ready sooner, however, the frustrating part is how TurboTax is so silent on the matter. They have so many long standing customers complaining and switching servicers and they are simply. oblivious or just don't care.  On the other hand, I must also note that I did my taxes on FreetaxUSA and compared it to the tax return that  I did on TurboTax and my projected refunds were vastly different--erring on the side of  TurboTax. Notwithstanding my frustration, I will have to wait for the form from TurboTax. Although FreetaxUSA's interface was simple, I don't think it is as in depth as TurboTax. It is probably good for a simple return, but for a little bit more complex returns, I would be leery.  I pray that TurboTax will give their customers a reasonable update as to when the form will be ready.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies