turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

when will form Schedule E and 8889-T be available

in Federal Review step, it says forms Schedule E and 8889-T will be Ready Soon.

I registered for email notification for when these forms will be available and received an email indicating that these forms are in fact available.

when I click Update Now, it says that my software is already up to date, but the forms still did not download and are still displaying as Ready Soon. 

anyone else having this issue?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies
AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

It may mean that you need to refresh your browser and clear out your cookies. If that doesn't work, try clearing your browser's cache. Then trying logging out and logging back into TurboTax. The following FAQs will show you how to do it.  

This one shows how to delete your cookies.  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301745 

This one will help you clear your cache. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302272  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

hello, this is a desktop app version, do the cookies/cache apply? I'll try it anyway

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

No. With your version, you will need to update it. 

If you have TurboTax CD/Download, please check for updates within the program. 

How do I update my TurboTax CD/Download software p ... 

@AkinaLO  thanks for your reply.

I've tried the following 3 methods and nothing seems to be working. do you have any other suggestions?

1.  from Federal Review, it says forms Schedule E and 8889-T will be Ready Soon. when I click Update Now, it says "Your software is up to date." but the forms never downloaded. 

I even registered for email notification for when these forms will be available and received an email indicating that these forms are in fact available, but it doesn't seem like they're available?

2. when clicking Online->Check for Updates, it's also displaying "Your software is up to date"

3. manually downloading and updating from the help article you referenced (http://patchdelivery.turbotax.intuit.com/w_perrelsuperpatch_ttax_2019.201.0102.exe)

displays an error "TurboTax 2019 is not installed. Please install Turbotax 2019 first and then rerun this update." not sure why its not recognizing that I already have Turbotax Premier 2019 installed.

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

It appears that  you've done everything so far, including trying to update manually. 

Now you'll have to uninstall TurboTax, delete the TurboTax folder [C:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax] and reinstall the program.  [This is confirmed by the fact the patch could not find your TurboTax installation.]

Don't worry about your tax return files -- they are stored in a different location.  [C:\Users\[your name]\Documents\TurboTax]  But just to be safe you may want to save the file to your desktop. 

1. Click:  File > Save As  
  2. Change location to your desktop.

To all having this issue (forms not ready)...

I called TurboTax support and we worked with the issue for an hour and finally figured it out and got it resolved. Here was the issue: I purchased a copy of Home & Business from a seller on Ebay for a reduced rate. When I downloaded it, the the executable already contained a license code because I was not asked for one during the installation.

Because the software already had a license in it (now I believe it was a cracked version) trying to update the installed software did nothing because TurboTax central could not electronically verify the license info, so rather than a message telling me that it couldn't update because it couldn't verify the license, instead it just told me my "Software is up to date."

I did think this was weird because I remember from past years (I've been a user for probably 15 years) about every other time I fired up the software, in past versions, it wanted to download some sort of update. So when I opened TurboTax 2019 every day to check on the availability of the forms I needed and there was never an update, what, really???

Anyway, in my case the support person made available to me, through a link in the "Downloads" section of the Intuit member's area, a legit copy of the Home & Business install WITH a license code.

I uninstalled the bad version that I had and installed the one she provided for me and viola, it's all working fine now. So if you bought your copy at a discounted price through some secondary outlet (like Ebay, from a private seller) then that is likely your problem.

ahhhh @mentorcoach  sounds like the exact problem I’m having 😕

looks like I’ll have to contact support for a download link.

thanks for sharing!

@Irene2805  @AkinaLO  can either of you help me with a download link for Premier?

Anonymous
Not applicable

See how you can download your Turbo Tax software again. 

@Anonymous  thanks for your reply.

step #3  says (Select the corresponding blue button for the product you wish to download.), but I don't have an blue button for the product I want to download (2019 Turbotax Premier) b/c I purchases it from softstoredeal.com which apparently is a cracked/bootleg version.

what I need is a link like @mentorcoach  mentioned support did for him/her "
Anyway, in my case the support person made available to me, through a link in the "Downloads" section of the Intuit member's area, a legit copy of the Home & Business install WITH a license code.".

can you please help me with getting this download link?

VictoriaD75
Employee Tax Expert

TurboTax download products are available via the link below:

TurboTax Download Products

thanks for the reply @VictoriaD75 , but this is giving me options to purchase the various packages/versions, but I already purchased the download Premier version from another vendor.

@mentorcoach is there any way you can share the download link support gave you with me?

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

Perhaps this is the link you are looking for.  If you are still having trouble, you might try contacting customer support here.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies