turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When will form 2210 be corrected?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Form 2210 has been updated.  

IRS Form 2210 (Underpayment of Estimated Tax by Individuals, Estates, and Trusts) calculates the underpayment penalty if you didn't withhold or pay enough taxes during the tax year.

We'll automatically generate a Form 2210 if your return needs it. Or you can revisit this section:

Note: You'll need your prior year tax return to answer the questions.

1. Sign in to TurboTax and open or continue your return.
  2. Search for underpayment of taxes.
  3. Select the Jump to link in the search results.
  4. The Underpayment Penalties screen will display the penalty amount. Select Continue to review this section and make any needed adjustments.
    • Note: If you see No Underpayment Penalty, you either haven't entered your income and/or estimated tax payments yet, or you aren't subject to an underpayment penalty.

(Optional) Keep going, and when you get to the Annualized Income Method screen, answer Yes if you want to see if we can reduce the penalty.

If you're having an issue generating the form, it could be a cache issue.

Your browser stores recently visited webpages as temporary files in a cache, which enables the pages to load more quickly when revisited.

However, a full or corrupted cache can cause problems in TurboTax, so sometimes you need to clear your cache (that is, remove these temporary files).

Here are the official instructions for the most popular browsers:

Apple's official support site doesn't appear to contain instructions for clearing the cache in Safari. Your best bet is to search the Internet for clear Safari cache or similar search terms.

If your cache isn't the issue, it might be best to delete it and start again.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I did the search as you suggested on Underpayment of taxes but never saw a Jump Link.    When I ran a Review it would always show an issue with 2210.  It only showed the tax paid in Q1/2 and did not include the Q3 and Q4 payments.  So it gave me an error that they didn't total to the tax i paid.      I eventually deleted form 2210 thinking it would start over again and create a new form (hoping that it had been corrected).   It did say I had a penalty to pay and added it to my taxes but did not generate a Form 2210.   Don' t know if that is a viable solution or not.     I see it still shows a 2210 in my tax forms.      Don't have a good feeling that all is right.    

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

@montlittle, if you are still having issues with form 2210 or feel that it is not correct, you would need to use the FAQ link provided below to reach out to TurboTax customer support for assistance:

TurboTax customer service

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies