Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When using Santa Barbara Tax Products, is there a separate fee for this other than the $40.00 fee embedded in the Deluxe Package here?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

When using Santa Barbara Tax Products, is there a separate fee for this other than the $40.00 fee embedded in the Deluxe Package here?

@grasshopper6088   asked:  "When using Santa Barbara Tax Products, is there a separate fee for this other than the $40.00 fee embedded in the Deluxe Package here?"

Online Deluxe is $60 for Federal and $50 for a state return, if applicable.   The optional $40 fee for SBTPG's service is extra; it's not "embedded" in the package.

If you choose to pay your TurboTax product fees out of your Federal refund, the additional service fee for that option is $40 (or $45 for California filers.)   Other than the $40 (or $45) there is not an additional fee for that process unless the direct deposit from SBTPG's bank to your bank (or card) fails and is rejected by your bank.   In that case, i.e., if it bounces back to SBTPG's bank, SBTPG will issue you a paper check in the mail less an additional $20 service fee.

What is prompting your question?   Are you seeing another extra fee somewhere?

@grasshopper6088 

I want to be sure I'm understanding your question correctly and how  you are using the term "embedded."  The $40 fee you mentioned is in addition to any product fees.   See this example:

If you have both a Federal and state return, and chose to pay the fees out of the Federal refund, the fees would be as follows:

Deluxe Federal return  $60

Deluxe state return  $50

Option to pay the fees out of the Federal refund:   $40 (except $45 for California filers)

Plus possible sales tax.

So if you had all of the above, the total would be $150 or $155, plus possible sales tax.

Thanks for the breakdown. Yes, I actually see that the $150.00 was deducted, however the state amount  looks as if it was not direct deposited. I chose this option to have them both direct deposited via the tax product they offer. It appeared on my end that over $300.00 is missing, hence my question regarding additional fees I was unaware of. I will follow up. Thanks again. 

@ grasshopper6088 wrote:

Thanks for the breakdown. Yes, I actually see that the $150.00 was deducted, however the state amount  looks as if it was not direct deposited. I chose this option to have them both direct deposited via the tax product they offer. It appeared on my end that over $300.00 is missing, hence my question regarding additional fees I was unaware of. I will follow up. Thanks again. 

When you use that option to pay fees, only the Federal refund goes through SBTPG's bank.   Does the amount of money you received from SBTPG equal your Federal refund amount shown on your Form 1040, Line 21a minus the TurboTax fees of $150 and possible sales tax?   The state refund is completely separate and will come in its own deposit directly from the state tax agency.  It does not go through SBTPG.

Is your expected state refund you haven't yet received approximately $300?

If you haven't yet received your state refund,  here's how to check on it. 

There are over 40 state tax agencies, each doing its own thing.  Some states are fairly quick with refunds, while other states (such as WV, WI, NC, GA, LA, AL, and others) can take a long time processing returns--even several weeks--as they crack down on detecting fraudulent returns.  You may be able to get an idea about how long it takes in your state from the FAQs at your state's tax agency website as I will mention below.  Also, state tax agencies may have been affected by the Coronavirus situation and experiencing delays.

Of course, you need to be sure the state return was successfully filed.  Here's how:

If you efiled, be sure your efiled state return was accepted.  If you used Online TurboTax, you can check by looking in your Online account at the Tax Home.    Does the return status at the Tax Home say it was accepted?

If the state return was accepted, the FAQ below tells how to check on a state refund and has a link for your state.

TIP:   While you're at your state's tax website, also look for a statement or FAQ that may say about how long it takes to get a refund in your state and how to long to wait before phoning the state tax agency.  Many states have such information on their websites.

FAQ:  How do I track my state refund?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/how-do-i-track-my-state-refund/00/25571

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies