Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When can we e-file the 7202-t form

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
JoannaB2
Expert Alumni

No., The form 7202 may not be available yet in Turbo Tax as the IRS is still finalizing some 2020 tax forms and will start processing income tax returns (e-file) on February 12, 2020. The form 7202, Credit for Sick Leave and Family Leave for certain Self-employed, effective April 1, 2020, applies to a leave taken between April 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020 due to Covid-19. When available, you may follow the steps  below to add it:

1. Login to Turbo Tax.
  2. On the left side of the screen, click Tax Tools, then Tools,
  3. Under Tools Center, scroll down and click delete a form.
  4. Under Review Form List, scroll down until you see Form 7202, click go.

See, when will my forms be ready, link.

I tried today in the morning e file  a tax and I can't do it ; the program say need to file by mail because included form 7202!  My question is if you are working in this and in few days will be able to efile the tax return with this form??

Thank you

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax is still waiting for the IRS to finalize form 7202.  The release dates given by the IRS are estimates and can change at any time. The forms are usually released by the projected date, but the past year has slowed the process down considerably. 

Please continue to check when will my forms be ready for updates.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Baljinder

I tried filing my tax including 7202 form. The system dis not let me e file. Any updates on 7202 form

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Form 7202 is not available for e-filing, according to our form availability sheet.

To print and mail your return, please follow these instructions if you're using TurboTax Online and review this article if you're using TurboTax Desktop

If you wish to e-file without the credit you will need to delete the form. How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online? How do I delete a tax form in the TurboTax CD/Download software?

Why is TurboTax not able to e-file this but other platforms are able to?  This burden shouldn't be placed on paying customers.  When is this going to be fixed?

This really lazy by Intuit, as you said other online tax filing solutions allow to efile this form.

The IRS website even gives a guideline for how to do it for software vendors.

I already spent my money and live abroad and now have to paper file while relying on the US Postal system ....

MayaD
Expert Alumni

Self-employed individuals use form 7202 to figure the amount to claim for qualified sick and family leave equivalent credits under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act.

The IRS will be allowing filers with the 7202 form to have the ability to e-file their return. We expect to have e-filing available for form 7202 on 03/11/2021(approximate date). If you would like to e-file, you will need to wait until the program has been updated. 

Is that an official turbo tax response, that we can efile form 7202 if we wait until March 11?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Yes, that is the projected date at this time. Please see When can I e-file my Form 7202? for more information and to sign up for email notification. 

@Jen7914

TurboTax had a program update today (3/4/2021) when I opened it -- after the update, it allowed me to Efile with my 7202!

Intuit:  I was pretty upset with you initially about not being able to E-File with a 7202 in the return...but you finally came thru for everyone on this issue and you deserve praise for that. Good job!

Thanks again...

Darrin Zimmerman

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies