turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When are the stimulus checks going to be issued

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Please see the following articles for the latest information on the stimulus check:  

The IRS has not released an official timeline, but the Washington Post has published a tentative timeline:  

Americans with the lowest income will get mailed checks first, according to reporting by the Washington Post. Here’s the timetable for the first checks, per IRS documents seen by the Post:

• Taxpayers with income up to $10,000: April 24
  • Taxpayers with income up to $20,000: May 1
  • Taxpayers with income up to $40,000: May 15

The rest of the checks will be issued by gradually increasing income increments each week. Households earning $198,000 who file jointly will get their reduced checks on Sept. 4. The last group of checks will be sent on Sept. 11 to those who didn’t have tax information on file and had to apply for checks, according to the Washington Post. 

They're just going to lie or send you to articles. I have no idea why they gave no real answers.

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

If you are scheduled to receive a stimulus payment by direct deposit those are being issued this week.  If you are receiving by paper check see the schedule posted by Irene2805 above.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Thomasbray85
Returning Member

They aren't putting it on our card we have to wait for months for a paper check. According to the chime website

The IRS has not posted as of yet IF they will or will not put the stimulus money on the cards.  Some today have already received their money on their card.  That doesn't mean it's set in stone with the IRS until the IRS posts it to their site.  They are the ONLY authority. 

This information can be found on the web by entering:  information on the stimulus checks.  You will find many article on the subject.

Terrel B
Returning Member

I'm making this post at 12:30 am. I have had three people call me at this time telling me they have received there money. I don't understand why its so hard or difficult here? This has to be getting noticed and fixed I dont understabd whats going on because none of you have an answer. its honestly just horse **bleep** and I will be making my deacions based on your actions.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies