turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What does it mean that schedule CA is not available?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
MayaD
Expert Alumni

Schedule CA is used to make adjustments to the federal adjusted gross income and the federal itemized deductions using California law.

The form will be available on TurboTax after being finalized and released by the state. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Am I required to submit the  schedule CA form? 

Hopefully Schedule CA is available once IRS opens the 2020 filing season for individual filers on January 27 (tomorrow!).

@redwoodreturn wrote:

Hopefully Schedule CA is available once IRS opens the 2020 filing season for individual filers on January 27 (tomorrow!).

Schedule CA (540), California Adjustments - Residents  Estimated available on 01/30/2020, subject to change

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_ca_online_individual.html

I am ready to file now. 😀 It should be interesting to see if Schedule CA will adjust the dollar amount for the federal and/or state refund.

I'm also getting the page that says that the "Schedule CA" is "available soon".  It's been that way since February and it's almost April.  I already submitted my Federal.  Am I the only one having this problem?  It doesn't give me the option of mailing it in, I thought maybe I needed to do that... I'm not sure what to do.

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

You have responded on a thread that is 2 years old so the status of this form will differ this year. Per the forms availability list, Schedule CA is currently available for both e-file and print. If you happen to be using the desktop software, please ensure that you check for updates @carrizo2020.

Yes, I realize that it was 2 years old but couldn't find another thread with a similar topic.  I got an email that the form is available (just now) but my software won't update.  I've had this problem repeatedly (it times out when it tries to update, this has happened since February).  It worked momentarily once, long enough for me to get the federal updates and file my federal taxes.  Is there a way to manually update on a Mac?  Or do I have to uninstall/reinstall?  All other internet is working, so the basic, straightforward (i.e. check your Internet, router, etc.) isn't helpful and is all I can find on the website tech support.

MarilynG
Expert Alumni

Yes, Schedule CA is available.

Click this link on steps to Force an Update and/or Troubleshoot TurboTax problems with the MAC. 

Some users have been successful with the steps in Remove/Reinstall TurboTax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies