Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Mandy40_

What can i do if someone without permission claimed me on their taxes? How do i fix that?

I usually allow my oldest daughter to file me and my youngest daughter but they kept injecting her tax return so she tried just my baby girl and it went through so please tell me what I need to do 

What can i do if someone without permission claimed me on their taxes? How do i fix that?

@Mandy40_

Did you accidentally file for the stimulus payment by filing a $1 return ?   What was the exact error message or code ?

Ngeke

I need help,  some one is claiming me as his/her independent without my permission 

Anitavanhoose
Returning Member

I dont want to lose my 1200 stimulus package. 

I pay rent $500  each month an buy  my own food.

I was never asked permission to claim me.  Because I could have claimed myself 

Hal_Al
Level 15

@Ngeke  

Your situation has been covered in the other replies on this thread:

1. A taxpayer does not need your permission to claim you as  a dependent. He only needs to meet the rules.

2. If you think you are not a dependent, you just file your own tax return, and do NOT check the "can be claimed as a dependent" box.  The IRS will sort it out. Nobody when you'll get the stimulus payment, in that situation. That, too, is covered above.

sam50
Returning Member

Dont you guys take care of this

Turbotax is a DIY program ... operative term is yourself ... you must print, ink sign and mail in the return ... TT cannot do this for you.  If the efile was rejected then complete the FILE tab again and this time choose to mail it in ...  the instructions and forms will be presented in the PDF.  

sam50
Returning Member

How do i get the form to fill out

Ryanvon96

Pleaae contact me i was claimed without permission on somebodys taxes made it where i couldnt file mine or receive my stimulus check either while in need of money really bad at this time where everwhere is closed and i can not get a job because of the closing hard to live with out any chance of income please contact [phone number removed]

Sorry no one can help you for that.  You will have to print and mail your return now to claim yourself.  

But They are not processing mailed returns right now.

See this IRS page for the latest information

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

How to mail a return from the Online version

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

How to switch from Efile to mail.  This one has a Video

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/print-and-file/help/how-do-i-switch-from-e-file-to-file-by-mail-in...

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s. Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS received the return. Don’t forget state.

Important! Mail Federal and State in separate envelopes and mail each year in separate envelopes.

Where to mail federal paper returns

https://www.irs.gov/uac/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

I get SSDI AND SSI AND I BELIEVE SOMEONE USED MY SOCIAL SECRITY NUMBER AND FILED ME WITHOUT MY PERMISSION..I NEED MY STIMULUS MONEY..IM ONLY A SMALL CHECK RECEIVER , PLEASE CHECK AND SEND ME MY STIMULUS 

I do not file taxes I only receive a monthly payment  ...I'm waiting on my stimulus but really BELIEVE someone filed me without my permission,  what do I have todo

sam50
Returning Member

How can i fix this i filed with turbo tax cani they help me?

Shaooo

I am not sure if my friend happen to claim me on his taxes return, can you check for me, can I still get a stimulus check

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies