turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kevjam777

What am I suppose to do if the captcha doesn’t appear when I’m trying to transmit my return

Using the turbo tax app.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

39 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

What am I suppose to do if the captcha doesn’t appear when I’m trying to transmit my return

If you are missing a CAPTCHA, follow these steps:

1. Log out and clear your browser Internet cache. (see directions below)
  2. Close the browser and reopen it.
  3. Make sure cookies are allowed/enabled in your browser settings so the CAPTCHA will appear.
  4. Log in and try again.

If that doesn't work, see if a different browser than you were using, with cookies allowed will solve it.

Here is how you clear your cache:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302272

Here is how you allow cookies:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301976

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I’ve tried all of the steps suggested for captcha not showing up and still having issues trying to submit 

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

@Cristaharmon726 If you have already tried clearing cache, cookies and switching browsers, then there are a couple of things that you can try to get past this snag:

• Try closing and completing logging out of TurboTax

• Compete a  disk cleanup,

• Restart your computer.  

• If you've enabled pop-up blocking in your web browser, please turn it off and try again.

Please also see the TurboTax FAQ below for additional suggestions:

Please reach out to us if you need further assistance.

Hi,

I've tried all the suggestions to fix the reCAPTCHA issue including updating Chrome, sing another browser (Edge), clearing the cache, signing out, restarting the laptop, logging back in - nothing works. The reCAPTCHA box cannot be checked and I keep getting an error message.

There seems to be a lot of people that are having issues with this according to Downdetector. Is there anything going on with the TurboTax site?

Thank you

Sharper

Having the same problem, followed the instructions.

Having the same problem. Tried above steps. Tried using safari, mozzila in addition to chrome. 

I have done each and every single step and then even went to use completely different computers to file my taxes.  On every single device, CAPTCHA does not work.  No image, no nothing.  I have already entered my payment info for my IRS payment and paid Intuit for TurboTax and now I can't move forward to transmitting my return.

HHOMBURG
Returning Member

Same issue. On the phone with an agent and it's completely useless. Convenient that the issue occurs AFTER I've already paid TurboTax $175.

Edit: Finally got them to admit an issue on their end. Supposedly I will get an email when it's fixed. At this point, we just have to wait and see I guess, but I'll be requesting a refund if it's not fixed soon.

Talphadogg
Returning Member

I hope its clear that this is a problem on Turbotax's side not ours. If there are several people all having the same issue at the same time having followed the "turn it off and on again" routine then the only thing left is the common denominator which is Turbo Tax. Please fix this.

jgerber45

I am also having this issue. Did all instructions posted and nothing has been resolved.

Agreed and very frustrating!  I note they had no problem receiving my payment for their product and now I cannot file.  How long do we wait?

I'm also having this issue. I've gone through all the steps, twice. This is a problem on the Intuit side.

smiles0416
Returning Member

I'm having the same problem. I've done everything imaginable to my computer and the captcha just isn't working. I just need to do this and then I can file. It's so frustrating

Talphadogg
Returning Member

According to this post they "Fixed it" back in February 
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-there-is-no-captcha-so-i-can-not-prove-that-i-...
I've tried 2 different browsers, a "private window" my phone's browser and THEIR APP. all of which has failed to load the captcha. Funny how it happened after I already paid the over $100 to "file my taxes"

Manage cookies