Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

silersm

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I want to talk to a HUMAN

QUESTION: Why can I suddenly not download past returns? I have always been able to before. Now it says I don't have the "paid account" access?????? I cannot get through to a HUMAN, and this is unacceptable!!!!

at end of filing, it dictates I am a person by same name but in San diego,

I live in Canada and have said so when I set up my account

I receive 1099SSA

according to letter of April 22, 2021 that I just rec'd 2 business days ago, I did not receive the payment issued, and asked on the formal letter to file in order  to receive the America rescue Plan benefits..

Chadheim

My name is Chad Heim and I need to know what is going on with my tax return

let me clarify.

I rec'd a letter dated apr. 22, / 21

only recently.

due to canadian postal station not adding our postal code on it that was absent on their letter.

I went thru the tax filing. here on intuit.

at the end, it would not allow me to edit..

I will try again.

eharriscarter
Returning Member

How can I get my 600.00 back that the IRS took from me when I qualified for the 600.00?

@eharriscarter wrote:

How can I get my 600.00 back that the IRS took from me when I qualified for the 600.00?

If the IRS removed the Recovery Rebate Credit from your 2020 federal tax return it was more than likely because the IRS has records showing that the second stimulus payment of $600 was sent to you already.

Look at your tax account and it will show the stimulus payments sent by the IRS to you - https://www.irs.gov/payments/view-your-tax-account

If you never received the second stimulus payment then you can request a trace on the payment from the IRS.  Go to this IRS website for initiating a trace - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/second-eip-faqs#paymentlost

@eharriscarter   We cannot see your screen, your tax return or your account.   We do not know what $600 you mean that the IRS took from you.   However, lots of people made mistakes with the recovery rebate credit when they prepared 2020 tax returns.   Did you actually receive a $600 stimulus check sometime in late 2020 or in early 2021?   Did your Form 1040 have $600 on line 30?   If you had already received the $600, or received it after you filed your 2020 return, then the IRS cross checked and removed it from your refund because you cannot get it twice.

Or....does the IRS think you received a stimulus check that you did not receive?  If so, you have to get them to trace the payment.

If you were issued a payment and have not received it, see How do I request a payment trace to track my first or second Economic Impact Payments? 

If your refund was reduced for any reason, you will receive a letter of explanation from the IRS.  The letters come a few weeks after the reduced refund.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

My taxable income was incorrectly calculated apparently on my 2019 return

Bshwacker  wrote:

This is a public Internet forum, so don't post any personal info in this user community forum, but you'll need to explain what you perceive as incorrectly calculated.     "Taxable income" is derived from many, many items in your return--all of your income items, any adjustments to income (if applicable), standard vs. itemized deductions, qualified business income deduction (if any), etc.

Why are you just now asking about 2019?   Did you get an IRS Letter saying something was wrong with your 2019 return?  If so, are you able to describe the issue?     We can tell you how to get help with an IRS Letter.   Did you purchase the optional Audit Defense?   If not, we can tell you how to speak to someone at the free TurboTax Audit Support Center.

Or is your 2020 efile rejecting for the wrong AGI?

Both 2019 and 2020 seem to be acceptable at this time'

Thanks

Dan

I’m trying to find out why my taxes weren’t filed electronically 

@Dreadlockwo  wrote:

I’m trying to find out why my taxes weren’t filed electronically 

Did you e-file your tax return and was it accepted?

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

To check the status of an e-filed return, open up your desktop product or log into your TurboTax Online Account. You can find your status within the TurboTax product.

To access your online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year 

How do you talk to a human

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies