Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Mannert

Updates for turbotax 2020 will not install. Any suggestions?

I am not able to extract my 2020 data because it does not highlight.  I had a lot of problems last year because when I submitted my tax online it kept getting rejected and I could not get any TurboTax help.  I finally submitted it  by mail.

bernard1953
Returning Member

Updates will not download due to error code 1603

bernard1953
Returning Member

After trying to open turbo tax 2021, but it is  b asking for certain important updates that will not download and error code 1603 constantly keeping popping up 

@bernard1953 wrote:

After trying to open turbo tax 2021, but it is  b asking for certain important updates that will not download and error code 1603 constantly keeping popping up 

I assume you are using the Windows version.   If you are getting that error while trying to update, then first try a manual update.

FAQ:  Manually update TurboTax for  Windows personal software editions

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-...

The same thing just happened to me.  Also been using this for 15 years or so.  This may be my last year.   I can't believe they will not allow opening the program without updating.

I had the same problem in 2020 and it eventually got fixed by the next Turbo Tax update, now am getting the same problem with the current update for Turbo Tax 2022.  Although it manifests itself as a Windows Installer 1603 error, the problem is with this individual Turbo Tax update.  Previous updates installed fine just a few days ago. 

Now getting a yellow Windows screen which says it does not recognize the Turbo Tax updater.  Curious, but the state update within the same Turbo Tax update installed fine, only the program update fails after looping for several minutes and says the cause is Windows installer.

History repeats itself.

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Please uninstall TurboTax from your computer. If you’re using TurboTax download, re-download and relaunch the installer. Then you can install the product normally.

We're sorry you're experiencing this error.  If the above solution does not resolve the issue, please contact us via phone so we can better assist you.  To speak with a TurboTax Expert, refer to the instructions in the following Help Article:  How do I contact TurboTax?

Reference:  How can I fix an error code in TurboTax CD/Download for 2022?

@barryjedrick 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If I uninstall and and download and install Turbotax, will Iose  my Turbotax data file with all my current information?  Where is the data file located on my PC, and must it be on the C drive?

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

No, you won't lose your information. Depending on how your computer is set up, downloads will go to the C drive. For help with uninstalling TurboTax for Windows, please visit the help article below.

How do I uninstall TurboTax for Windows? - Intuit

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Uninstall and reinstall of Turbotax fixed the problem.

Thanks.

1936hep

I purchased TurboTax deluxe from Costco, finally downloaded using the license code finished the input, but can not file without paying $59 fed and $54 state what is my problem?

@1936hep wrote:

I purchased TurboTax deluxe from Costco, finally downloaded using the license code finished the input, but can not file without paying $59 fed and $54 state what is my problem?

After you installed the software on your personal computer and entered the license code for some reason you accessed the TurboTax online editions.  That is why you are being asked to pay the TurboTax online account fees.  Download the 2022 tax data file from the online account and finish your tax return using the desktop edition you installed.  Then abandon the online account or clear the return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen

Click on Tools

Click on Save your 2022 return to your computer

Start the TurboTax program on your computer

Click on the File menu at the top left of the desktop program screen

Click on Open Tax Return

Browse to where you downloaded the tax data file to open the file.  Then continue your tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies