turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Unable to efile due to QBI Deduction Worksheet Schedule B

Yes you can file but only on paper - I was done with my taxes 2 weeks ago and could have filed already.  

By the way, I had the same questions from the TurboTax software on my aggregating work when all I do (retired) is consult for 2 different clients - one small business, 2 clients.  I just kept answering that they are not aggregated on the form and it was eventually accepted so I can file. But why I am going to spend the extra $$ so in case I am audited, TurboTax can explain it (and hopefully better than what has been explained here with this form 🤨).

Agree with everything that has been said here...it is a “bummer”.  Does anyone know if any of the other tax software companies (e.g., H&R Block) are experiencing the same issues?  

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Unable to efile due to QBI Deduction Worksheet Schedule B

Hi Berger, could you walk me through how to access that form to delete it?  Thanks!

sailor5

Turbo Tax support told me yesterday that efiling should be available 24 hours after the form was approved.  Since the form was approved yesterday, it should have been available to efile today.  The support person also included a link to irs fillable forms, which the irs shows 8995-A being available 2/28.  So perhaps when the irs fillable forms become available we will be able to efile on Turbo Tax?  

How did you do this ?

berger
Returning Member

You need to pay before you can do this I believe.  

But once you've paid there will be a menu on the left with "tax tools" as an option.  Go to tax t[product key removed]e form.  I had one labeled Qualified Business Income Component wkst for all of my properties.  I deleted that one and the review passed.

When you deleted the QBI Component Worksheet for your properties, how did it affect your refund?  I would assume that it was less.  When you deleted the QBI Component Worksheet did the other QBI pages also disappear (such as Form 8995A, QBI Schedule B, and QBI Deduction Summery)?

berger
Returning Member

It did not affect my tax liability.  It made a worksheet for each property instead of aggregating them.

litldirt

I waited until 2/20/2020 and still can not efile

How do you go about paying to get the toolbar you need for the removal process?

tol
Level 3

After the TY 2019 2-20-2020 update, TB error remains "You have QBI Deduction Worksheet Sched B ...." you must file a paper return.    

I was able to e-file with the same worksheet with TB for TY 2018.

TB - what gives - why did you de-feature from 2018 to 2019 ?

So it is now 2/21 and still no go.  I am royally annoyed.  In looking at the threads earlier, It appears that TT keeps moving the date back.  Not sure this form will ever be supported electronically by TT.  That, combined with TT now hiding what is in the updates, both Federal Tax Updates and Program Updates, really makes me, very longtime user and past ardent promoter of TT, ready to drop the company.  You can be sure I'll be telling my friends about my experience this year. 

Yes me as well. When I reached out today they said worksheet schedule b will not be supported at all. Mail file 

Did you have the option to delete schedule b!

BERGER not sure if I saw this but you have to pay before you. Can do this? There is no way to change the questions answers to delete this form?

tol
Level 3

Tried deleting Sched B, (Forms --> Remove), but that does not work either.  Can't delete it.

Moving on to TaxSlayor to see if that works.  $100 for new software is much less than no QBI deduction.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies