turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How do I report TurboTax Software Errors?

@cmranne0 wrote:

I see simple errors in 2019 and 2020 business comparisons. Last year net profit $-142. This year Net Profit $695. The error is that it reports in the online chart the "difference is $837." WRONG!

Lost confidence in this program to do my taxes. :'(

The difference is correct.  You made $837 more in 2020 than you did in 2019.

TaxCorgi
Returning Member

The EITC is calculating from the total tax, line9, instead of AGI line 11.

TaxCorgi
Returning Member

I figured it out.  Sorry.

Winfield2

The State Information section of "Enter Your 1099-R" page contains correctly matched Box numbers and descriptions.  However, on the next page, "Let's Verify This Entry", the Box numbers (Box 13, Box 14, Box 12) do not match the box number descriptions.

We know - it will be fixed in a future update to the new box numbers.  The form is correct just the screen has the old box numbers.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Pauline Guzek
Returning Member

The page for entering the dates and amounts paid in 2020 for estimated taxes does not allow you to put any date in after 01/01/20. Looks like this page was not updated from the 2019 version of Turbo Tax. 

Turbo Tax needs to fix this error as I cannot continue working on my tax return. 

@Pauline Guzek wrote:

The page for entering the dates and amounts paid in 2020 for estimated taxes does not allow you to put any date in after 01/01/20. Looks like this page was not updated from the 2019 version of Turbo Tax. 

Turbo Tax needs to fix this error as I cannot continue working on my tax return. 

In the TurboTax online and desktop editions you can enter any date in 2020 for the federal estimated tax payment.  Tested both the TurboTax Premier desktop edition (Windows) for 2020 and the TurboTax online Self-Employed edition for 2020.

If you are using the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions make sure that your software is updated.  Click on Online and then on Check for Updates.

Or are you using a Mac computer?

To enter, edit or delete estimated taxes paid (Federal, State, Local) -

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Deductions and Credits
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid
  • On Estimates, click on the start or update button

Or enter estimates paid in the Search box located in the upper right of the online program screen. Click on Jump to estimates paid

Federal estimated taxes paid are entered on Form 1040 Line 26

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

I cannot duplicate the situation you mentioned.  Both the TurboTax Online and Desktop versions are allowing dates after 1/1/2020.

If you are using the desktop version, please make sure you have downloaded any updates.  To do this, in the black bar at the top of your screen, click Online > Check for updates.

@Pauline Guzek   Can you post a screen shot of the page you can't enter the dates?  Is your number lock key off?

And aren't the 4 quarterly boxes already pre filled with the dates due in 2020?  How are you trying to change them?  If you can't change the dates just use the prefilled dates.

bgwood99

When I try to start TurboTax 2020 I get Error: 215. How do I fix this?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

@bgwood99 Are you using a TurboTax CD/Download product or TurboTax Online?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Timsley
Returning Member

1099-R Screen that verifies state witholding identification number has box numbers wrong.

Timsley
Returning Member

Estimated tax payments 1040ES, boxes for fed payments, date field for payment populated with 7/15/2020, s/b 4/15/2020

@Timsley  No 7/15 for 1st & 2nd are right.  The IRS extended the 1st qtr & April 15 tax due date to July 15.  But you are suppose to enter the date you actually paid it anyway.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies