turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbotax Error Code: 25300

Do not bill me until I’m able to efile. All forms have not been updated yet on your site and I’m having to wait until Feb 6th to try again. 

The consumer doesn’t find this out until you actually go to file.

That sucks. You need to provide this info up front so there’s not time wasted on figuring this out. Ie Schedule I will not be available til 2/6/2020. 

What a waste of time. 

The way the program works in the FILE tab : 

Step 1 > pay the TT fees no matter how you will file or when ... this allows you access to a complete copy of the return that you can print/review which is required by law before you file.

Step 2 > choose how you will file (efile or mail)   and get the refund or pay the balance due ... at this point the state return did not have an issue until you choose to efile ... then the delay was mentioned. Since you are trying to file before the state is ready you will need to either wait for the efile form to be ready or mail in the return. The fact that you already paid for the program is immaterial ... you could efile the fed now and send the state later ... simply choose that option.  

imb4uc

I filed my federal return. No problem.

Saved my state return because I was having trouble with one form. When I came back, I couldn't file it. I paid the $19.99 with a representative. Still can't file. HELP!

Since you did not file the returns together  you must now wait until your federal return has been accepted to efile the  state.  Try again later. 

While this likely does not address the issue posed by jclusen this may fix issues other individuals encounter with this error.

I needed to change data that I had entered in the Step-by-Step mode. In particular I needed to delete extra data associated with health care data involved with multiple 1099-HCs.  It would not let me change it using that mode, so I went to Forms view and modified it there. The changes worked and I was able to save the data. The next time I started up Turbo Tax it generated the error 25300 and it defaulted to Forms view. Since those changes were the last activity I had done, I went to the data in Forms view and deleted the data as well as other data in that form. However, just deleting the data I had changed might have been enough.  Anyway, I saved my tax data and exited. When I opened the taxes again, my taxes opened successfully in Step-by-Step mode. So now I was able to add the data correctly using Step-by-Step mode.

I've noticed in past years issues you have to be careful entering data in Step-by-Step mode and then modifying it in Forms view.

Employers listing code cc on the w2 could be due to the new tax law where the employer is able to extend paying a portion of their employer taxes till a later date. Employer use only, does not affect filing your taxes

vchornak

Where do I get my code for my download. I dont have

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies