Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TurboTax Business 2023 transmissions are not available.

Ms employee expert,

There are 4 forms mentioned on the page image you showed. My return has none of those. Mine is simple S600 first time, not amended. Why is my return being held?

Other companies like Taxact and Taxslayer are able to e-file my type of return.

We do not buy your software to be advised to file for extension. Do you realize that this also delays my personal 1040 return and the resulting refund thereof??? 

Same issue. Waiting for my refund from Intuit for the cost of printing and mailing 3 business returns. 🙄

As of 3/11/24 I am still unable to e-file Georgia 600S tax return through TT.  I gave up and e-filed the Fed 1120S and will mail the state return.  However, I discovered that on Page 1 of the 600=S TT did not automatically populate for Line1, from Schedule 5, Line 7.  I had to override the appropriate boxes on the form in order for the form to print correctly.  (Note:  you can't e-file if you override an entry.  Since I'm mailing it anyway, I did the override).  Check your return before you mail it!  

Crap ! I just returned from a trip to my nearest USPS - I should have checked this, although I really *shouldn't* have to... Sigh. Will wait to see what develops. Hopefully the State of Georgia accepts my 600S with the missing Line 1. 🤞

I think that line 1 being blank is when you aren't paying the income tax through the S-Corp but passing the income through and will pay the income tax portion on your personal return?  I have mine printed and sealed in the envelope to take to the post office tomorrow, then I see this!  But after looking at the form in TT, I'm thinking it is supposed to be blank when pass-thru?  Anyone else know?  Pathetic that we pay for the tax experts and getting more info from each other.  Said so on their survey too.  

I went to the GA DOR website and completed their fillable pdf form 600-S.  I could not e-file via the GA DOR site.  When I matched the DOR copy to the TT copy of Page 1, they did NOT match.  That's why I went into TT and overrode the missing entries to have a correct Page 1 to mail.  

And are you paying the state income tax at 5.75% out of the corporation rather than passing it through?  I opted to pass-thru.  The option to do either way just started in 2023.

No.  I am not paying the tax at the entity level.

This is pathetic, 2023 will be the last year I use TurboTax. Garbage.

Kksmelser

As of 3/10/24 still can’t file GA 600s. Got 1120s efiled by not filing Ga. Just say a link that says it won’t be ready until 3/15. That’s a big fail Intuit. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Although the Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Business indicates that the Georgia State Income modules for all business entities are ready for filing, recent developments have delayed implementation. Since we have not been given an estimated release date, you may wish to consider requesting an extension of time to file. 

According to the Georgia Department of Revenue, if you have a filed a Federal extension (Form 7004) by the original due date of your return, you will be granted an additional 6 months to file your Georgia return.

Department of RevenueDepartment of Revenue

Corporate Due Dates

For taxable years beginning on or before January 1, 2016, corporate income tax returns are due on or before the 15th day of the 3rd month following the close of the taxable year with the exception of an extension.

irs.govirs.gov

About Form 7004, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File Certain Business Income Tax, In...

Use Form 7004 to request an automatic 6-month extension of time to file certain business income tax, information, and other returns. Information on e-filing Form 7004.

Since you have already e-filed your federal return, you can go directly to the Georgia Department of Revenue site to obtain Form IT-303, Application for Extension of Time for Filing. You can also generate this form within TurboTax in the state interview section. You will need to print and mail the form to Georgia.To access the extension form, proceed through the state interview screens in TurboTax.
When asked "Do you want to prepare a Georgia extension?", select Yes.
You will be prompted to print and mail the state extension form.

Department of RevenueDepartment of Revenue

IT-303 Application for Extension of Time for Filing

Application for Extension of Time for Filing State Income Tax Returns.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I already e-filed for Federal. How do I request an extension in Georgia because TurboTax is a dumpster fire?

Go back into TurboTax and edit your state return.  Answer the questions as when you first completed it, and you will eventually be asked if you want to extend your return.  Select "yes", and follow the prompts.  In Georgia, you will need to mail the request for an extension, and it's automatically granted.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

If you file with TurboTax, there’s a direct link to file your state extension when you go to complete your state return. Otherwise, download your state extension form by selecting your state from the list at: “How do I file an extension for my personal state taxes?”

Each state has its own rules regarding extensions. If you want more time to file your state taxes, select your state for applicable information.

See this article for automatic extensions for those affected by natural disasters.

Note: Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, and Wyoming don't collect personal income tax.

Steps to File a State Extension

How to File an Extension for State Taxes

@esteejr 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

CatinaT1,

Are you saying that TurboTax is going to fix this problem, and you've been told that from whomever at Intuit/TurboTax who has the authority and control over this issue?

or,

you are hoping like the rest of us?

Your comment "Since we have not been given an estimated release date....." implies that there might actually be a release date in the future,  Have you been told that there definitely will be a release date, but we just don't know that date yet?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies