Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: turbo tax will not accept by bank account number and routing number. same as last year. tried a new. turbo also claims numbers don't match.

same. I don't see how there's another reason

Tax Year Prior to 2020: turbo tax will not accept by bank account number and routing number. same as last year. tried a new. turbo also claims numbers don't match.

When I look at the Form version of my bank routing number, it is incorrect. No wonder the correct routing number doesn't match the number Turbo Tax has. There is no option to correct the routing number in the Form version, and it doesn't seem like a good idea to put in the wrong number in order for them to match, so I'm at a loss. This seems like a software glitch. Who can help with that?

If you switch to the Forms version you can see the account number and routing number Turbo Tax is matching to. In my case, the account number is correct but the routing number is not. I cannot see any way to correct this info on the Form, and I am not comfortable using the routing number listed in the Form as it does not match the info on either my checks or online banking.

Getting no help from Turbo Tax. Called Turbo Tax but was not allowed to speak to a representative. If I can't find a solution I will not be using TT again, after many years of buying their products.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Try updating the software.

Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business)

You can try to update manually, scroll down the article for those steps.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Oh, if it was that easy...but, it is not.

I'm reading this thread because I've not decided to buy Turbo Tax unless and until this issue is solved. For the previous 2 years, this has been the case. 

I don't need this hassle and I'm jumping ship (after many, many years).  Disappointing.

I was able to correct my bank's routing number on the Federal Information Worksheet. No problem at all!

@Merry Widow You may have made a correction to your banking information last year using Forms mode because you used the CD/download.    Many of the users in this thread are using online software and they do not have Forms mode.  Forms mode is only found in the desktop versions of the software.   When someone using online makes a mistake with their banking information the only way they can correct it is in the FILE section and only before they e-file.   After you e-file it is too late (and that would be true even with the download).

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
brgrfmly

Why will Turbo Tax accept my Routing/account numbers?

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

Be sure you are entering the correct routing number. Banks also have a universal routing number used for wire transfers. Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for additional assistance and you may want to reach out to you bank to verify your correct routing number for a direct deposits to your account.

Which number on my check is the routing number?

@brgrfmly

"Forms mode is only found in the desktop versions of the software."

Makes me glad I sprung for the CD. I've done it again for 2021, but haven't started yet.

Hopefully, my tip will help 4martyt.

And others.

I have been using turbo tax since at least 2006 (and have not changed banks in 40 years) and this is the first time that TurboTax will not accept my bank routing number. I have confirmed with my bank the number is correct. I was finally able to talk to someone at TurboTax on Feb 28, 2022 and she wasn't able to resolve the problem and said she was pushing it up someone in Tech Admin to help resolve and that I should receive a response in about 48 hours. It has been over a week and I still haven't heard from anyone at TurboTax. 

I have made sure my computer operating system is up to date, running macOS Monterey version 12.2.1. I have installed all the TurboTax updates again this morning and still not able to electronically submit my taxes. Please help.

Cheryl F

[phone number removed]

[email address removed]

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

We are limited in what we can review over the public forum. Please get in touch with customer support again to get a final resolution to this issue. 

What is the TurboTax phone number? - Intuit    

@greshamgirl

[3/10/22 | 12:52 PM]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
smkaplan

Infuriating.  It would be so easy for TurboTax to have look into this and answer themselves as it's been going on for several years.  In fact, they could put a message on the TurboTax screen.

In any case, I used the advice from one person which was to look at the front page of your tax filing from last year, and copy the number from there.  I found an extra leading 0 had been added to my account number.   I used that and it worked.  This is not because my bank uses the leading 0 when they list my account.  Nor, is it something I added.  My guess is that the programmer decided to make account numbers the same length by right adjusting and filling in with 0s.  This makes sense as some people found two 0s had been added.

smkaplan

I found the solution in an old response from last year.  Look at last year's filing - front page and copy the numbers from there.  TurboTax evidently right adjusts the account number and adds leading 0s.  This is not to match the bank.  My bank doesn't use a leading 0.  It's just something they do.

Turbo Tax is comparing the current routing number and account number to last years to make sure you entered it in correctly.  In my case I had entered in the wrong account number last year and could not correct it this year.

HERE'S A FIX THAT SHOULD WORK FOR EVERYONE

Where it asks you which bank to use it'll list the banks from the previous year and it will let you create a new bank.  Just pick on the option to create a new bank and enter the correct information as if it's a new bank.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies