Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

faitocs

Turbo tax received my data from my Marcus Goldman Sachs account, not all the data apparently came though, I have other CD's with them that are on my 1099-Int statement

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

22 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Turbo tax received my data from my Marcus Goldman Sachs account, not all the data apparently came though, I have other CD's with them that are on my 1099-Int statement

TT does nt receive the info.  whatt you do is import form payors website. 

delete the import and try again

some payors provide multiple 1099's each of shich needs to be imported. 

I encounter this issue too.  Deleted and tried again and still the same.  It was only able to import two out of my four accounts.  I had some CDs.  By the way, when importing from Marcus it only requires you to login, it's not like some other ones where you have to enter in the tax form account number and some document #.  This seems like a bug to me.

Same problem here. The 1099 has multiple CDs/accounts (with interest on each of those accounts). Only the 1st account seems to have got imported. Kinda painful considering the number of CDs I have...

Intuit / Turbotax - some help here?

I have the same problem.  I have 7 entries on my 1099-int including savings accounts and CDs, and only 2 got imported.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

You might need to manually enter the totals.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same problem with TT premier online and desktop versions. Marcus issues a single PDF form containing information for multiple account, but the import procedure only imports the fist account mentioned in the PDF. Definitely a bug that Intuit should fix or at least for now give a warning that there is a potential problem. Looks like entering the information manually is the way to go for now.

--Boris

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

You can manually enter a Summary for Each Sales Category.  Click this link for info on How to enter a summary in lieu of individual transactions

Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife and I have accounts with Marcus by Goldman Sachs. We both have the same issue for tax year 2020: our savings accounts were imported, but not the CD accounts.

Intuit, please fix this.

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

If not all of your information is not being populated you may need to enter it manually. 

@Anonymous

Although this position "if it does not work for you you can do it manually" is very convenient for a developer, it is not reasonable. And if the program does not calculate your tax correctly you do it manually as well and if any feature X of the program does not work you do it manually???

I've been a user of Turbotax for many years and this year (2020) is exceptionally bad and to top it off this kind of obvious "expert" advice is like... in-your-face - "let me see what I can get away with". Either take that bank (and any other bank that you do not process correctly) out of the list of banks or warn me in BIG red letters that this function does not work for my bank.

This is obviously not a critical feature, but you should provide a reasonable response and not the one that allows you to do nothing. 

For people that trust TurboTax to just work and didn't look at their Marcus tax forms, they're screwed and may get slap with a tax owed and on top of that penalty.  Someone from TurboTax please escalate this issue to the developers.

Same issue with me.  Data import only took care of my first account with Marcus.  I still have several more on the 1099.  Guess I'll have to manually input those.  Seems like this issue was reported a year ago.  Why hasn't this been fixed by now?

einmanninch
Returning Member

Same issue here.  I noticed that for my other bank statements, they aggregate the interest payment number.  Maybe GS should start doing the same.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same, only 2 out of 3 accounts got imported by logging in. Please fix!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies