Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo tax premier not accepting any characters in activation code box

I'm trying to enter my activation code into the box, but it's not accepting any characters. Doing my taxes on my Dell Venue 11 running Windows 10. I had no problem doing my last year's taxes. The screen says,"installation complete," at the top, but won't allow any entry into the box.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

This Turbo Tax FAQ will provide the activation process. 

Please see this Turbo Tax help article for more information.
My code doesn't work.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If I could enter the code into the box, I wouldn't be having a problem. The problem is that the box remains blank when you try to enter any characters. I've explained this way too many times this week. Please have a real person respond with a solution to the question, "how do you get the authentication box to accept characters?" Clicking in the box does not allow you to enter anything. Yes, I have the correct 16 character code, but it doesn't help when you can't enter it. It doesn't reject it. It won't let me enter it. I don't know how I can make this any clearer.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

@Modeana 

Can you try the steps provided below to see if that resolves your issue:

• Log completely out of your TurboTax account
  • Clear cache and delete cookies
  • Then log back in and see if you are still having the same issue

If that does not work, I would suggest reaching out to TurboTax Customer Support for further assistance.

A few others have indicated that if you copy ....paste using <Cntrl>+c from a source document and then <Cntrl>+v into that box,

....that apparently worked for them.

______

But I have no idea myself if that always works, or just an anecdotal hack that happened to work for a few.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Yes, I have a similar **bleep** problem!  The text box allows me to enter 15 characters, but not all 16!  Hey TURBOTAX: How about you hire some **bleep** developers who know what the hell they're doing?  Better yet, since I have the **bleep** DISC in my computer, how about your stupid program CHECK said disc, SO I DON'T HAVE TO ENTER THE "F"ING LICENSE CODE IN THE FIRST PLACE?????  No, I guess that would make too much **bleep** sense!

And yes, I closed the program, deleted my **bleep** cache and cookies FROM THE BEGINNING OF **bleep** TIME, and opened TurboTax again, and guess what?  YOUR **bleep**TY PROGRAM STILL DOESN'T WORK!!!!! 

You can bet that next year, I'll be using H&R Block, TaxAct, TaxSlayer, or even God forbid, THE IRS FREE FILING!  Oh yeah, if you're too cheap for decent developers, HOW ABOUT YOU HIRE SOME QUALITY ASSURANCE PEOPLE TO TEST THE **bleep** SOFTWARE BEFORE YOU SEND IT OUT!  STOP MAKING THE GENERAL PUBLIC TEST YOUR **bleep** SOFTWARE FOR YOU!!!!!

That didn't work either.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Have you tried to copy paste using <Cntrl>+c from a source document and then <Cntrl>+v into that box, to see if this allows you to enter the license code?  @bpg10458 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies