turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Transfer (import) last year's Turbo Tax return file from Home & Business 2019 to this year Turbo Tax Premier 2020?

Yes should be no problem.  The version doesn't matter.  Do you still have your .tax2019 file on your Mac?  Just start a new 2020 return and it should transfer.

How to transfer into Mac Desktop

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-data-file/help/how-do-i-transfer-last-year-s-return-into-the-t...

jbaity01

Transfer (import) last year's Turbo Tax return file from Home & Business 2019 to this year Turbo Tax Premier 2020?

I want to buy 2019 Home and business

jbaity01

I Haven' prepared 2019 taxes and want to purchase the 2019 CD

@jbaity01 wrote:

I Haven' prepared 2019 taxes and want to purchase the 2019 CD

To complete and file a 2019 tax return using TurboTax you would need to purchase, download and install on a personal computer one of the 2019 desktop editions from this website - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

A 2019 tax return can only be printed and mailed, it cannot be e-filed.

I think you can only buy the download not a CD.

You can buy the last 3 years of Turbo Tax here,

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

You will need a full Windows or Mac to install it on.

How do we import our tax returns from last year to this year on a Mac?

Did you use the Mac last year too?  Did you use the CD/Download desktop program?  You need to have last year's file ending in .tax2019 on your Mac to transfer into 2020.  It should be in your Documents.  But I think on my friend's Mac I had to use Finder to find it.

How to Transfer into the Mac Desktop program
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-data-file/help/how-do-i-transfer-last-year-s-return-into-the-t...

How do I do it, getting last years to transfer for this years 2020

carlkirsch
Returning Member

Turbo Tax 2020 Deluxe cannot find and transfer 2019 tax return data into 2020 return.  I have used Turbo Tax on this computer to fill out and file all my taxes for the last 10 years. Why is Turbo Tax 2020 Deluxe reporting that it can find no prior year tax returns on this computer?

Are you on Windows or Mac?  Search your computer for the .tax2019 file.

Can you import last year's returns into a 2020 return you've already started?  I didn't have the 2019 so i started without it.  I have since found the return and want to compare last year and this year in the new return before submitting.  I fear I'd need to start from scratch...someone have a lifeline for me?

No.  You can only transfer into a new blank return.  So you would have to start a new return.  Before you file you can manually compare your 2020 return with the 2019 you found.  Do you have a pdf file of 2019?  Are you using the Desktop program?

rbsmws

It says that it transferred the information from last years return, but it's not there.  I'm having to input all the information all over again.  Can you help?

Are you using the Online version?  Where is your 2019 file?  Maybe you logged into the wrong account or transferred from the wrong file on your computer.  Did you transfer from the .tax2019 or the pdf file?  

Why didn't last year transfer into this year's Online return

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2776284-why-didn-t-last-year-s-tax-return-transfer-over-in-turbota...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies