Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

sabinaisyva07
Returning Member

To protect you from identity theft, your tax return is currently being reviewed. To help us process your return more quickly, verify your identity and tax return inform

@Cynthiad66 I understand thay however I am asking if I verified with IRS on March 18th and I still see berify identity text on my board should I verify online also? Because I verified it over the phone and I still have it there. How long does it usually take to dissapear after you verified over the phone. Anyone had the same experience?

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

To protect you from identity theft, your tax return is currently being reviewed. To help us process your return more quickly, verify your identity and tax return inform

Yes, there are several people with a similar experience but each experience is different.  It takes as long as required by each case.  If your identity has been compromised it will take longer to clear.  There is no set time limit.

I suggest creating an IRS Online Account where you can track all activity in real-time.

Tips For Handling Identity Verification Requests From The IRS

@sabinaisyva07 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I verified my identity 3 weeks ago and no updates except it shows received and delayed on its where's my refund. It's frustrating but I believe it'll take up to 9 weeks to update 

Update.....checked the "Where's My Refund" site this morning. Everything's been approved and am set to receive the refund April 3rd.

Lucky. Mine still shows error 428 when I check on a browser, and on the app it just says RECEIVED still and that there is a delay on my processing. God...is it going to really take 9 or more weeks!?

I filed electronically on 1/26/24.... It showed it got accepted about a week later. After about 2wks I checked again and saw that I received a message stating i needed to verify my identity. I was then told my letter got sent out on 2/21/22. So, I "patiently" waited about 30 days for my letter. I didn't receive my letter till 3/22/24. I verified that same day, and now I'm still waiting... Check every other day or so and the same message shows saying I need to verify my identity, was told it could take up to 9wks to receive my refund.

Any one else in the same boat as me??? 

sabinaisyva07
Returning Member

I filled on 25th it got accepted on 29th. I didnt receive the letter till march 15th. I verified over the phone and in 2 weeks nothing changed so I went and verified online as well. It showed that you succesfully verified but my transcript shows N/A and the message still says that stupid thing "to verify your identity". irs login says your tax return not processed. what is happening. should I call them again? I already called them so many times for that stupid letter even though I verified its been 3 weeks and no change

Omg im going threw the same exact thing 😔 it's so frustrating now the u told me I have to wait 16 weeks for them to go over it n process it thats  already gona be time to file next year  it's ridiculous  that they can do this and we can't do anything about it!!some of us really need our refund not everyone is well off like them 😡 sorry just venting 

Yes I am. Filed the very day it opened and got my letter end of February. It's been 5 weeks now and it's still at RECEIVED with a notice that my return is taking longer than expected. I assume the full 9 weeks at this point. 

Some of us rely on that money because we work hard to make that money back at the end of the year so some of us depend on that money because some of us r not that fortunate  to have money to not depend on it  we work for min wage  have our family to support its rough so now I have to wait 16 weeks longer for my return to get processed  such a wonderful  government  to make us wait  for money  that WE made threw out the year RIDICULOUS !!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies