turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

joop
Level 2

This year turbo tax didn’t ask about my healthcare insurance any idea why?

Week 18....still no refund, no refund date status, disabled, need to fix my car, no money, no hope, no recourse,....no help or truth from Turbotax.....

I'm not sure why but im starting to contact some people because they didn't ask about mine either, and I filed Jan. 16 2020. Its now June 12, and I don't have my refund. I called when the IRS opened back up and they said it was an error on TurboTax's part, not asking about Health insurance, penalty or not. They stated I needed to fax a letter stating whether I had insurance or not along with some other info pertaining to their error codes/reject codes.

Turbotax then took their "cost" for "Doing my taxes", that is supposed to come OUT OF MY REFUND, out of my personal account without notice, because It was taking to long for my refund to get back. I got an email after it was done.

I WILL NOT be using them again. The two people I spoke with at the IRS said that this has been a massive issue this year with turbotax.

How did you get ahold of someone at the IRS? Every time I call it doesn't even give an option to speak to anyone. It directs you away from that then hangs up. I filed on February 1, got the letter from the IRS at the end of February.  I mailed out all the required paperwork on Feb 27. An entire month before their offices shut down. No update at all. I called turbotax and requested a refund of the $40 I spent and was denied. They know they screwed up. There definitely should be a class action lawsuit against them.  Anyone know anything about that? 

So 

1.) Call  [phone number removed]. Then Choose Language. Then Press option 2, (Personal Income tax) Then 1, (Form, History/Payment) then option 3, (all other), Followed by 2, (all other questions again). It's gonna ask for SSN or Employee number, just dont hit anything, it will ask a second time, and still, just leave it alone. Then it will transfer you to the wait for a real person. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL THE INFORMATION POSSIBLE!! Honestly, you have to realize before I go on with the rest of this information, Betty, Allen, Tyrone or Jaimie probably didn't do you taxes, or process them so go easy on them. Kindness has gotten me way farther down this road.

2.) I didn't get a letter from the IRS about my issues. It was just thrown into error. When she told me turbotax had issues with not properly displaying the Insurance information and not directly "directing" people there, I was mildly upset of course. I'm not sure if a class action lawsuit is viable, because while the option to adjust insurance information was not obvious as it could/should have been, it was there. Unless turbotax wants to refund me, I will be talking to a lawyer / Attorney I know about the possibility of it. I paid for a service that was not as described, and did not get the intended result. 

Guys there is light at the end of the tunnel . My sister is in the same situation as all of us and she finally got an approved notice today!!! Her taxes will be sent by Wednesday. Fingers crossed we all start getting notices now! 

My sisters finally got approved today and she is in the same boat as us!!! Hopefully this means the IRS I’d finally starting on all the backed up ones !

Just an update that I STILL am waiting for my refund, four months later. I sent in my required form in February. Shame on TurboTax for screwing people out of their much-needed money during a pandemic. 

@Natasharenee211  did your sister fax or mail? and does she know about when she did so? Mine still shows as processing and I mailed my updated forms the first monday of March. :( 

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Form 8962 Premium Tax Credit is required when someone on your tax return had health insurance in 2019 through Healthcare.gov (or a state marketplace) and took the Advance Premium Tax Credit to lower their monthly premium. We'll help you create (or correct) the form in TurboTax.

First, make sure you have a clean copy of your original tax return for your records. If you haven't already saved one, sign in to TurboTax Online and go to Tax Home or go to the Print Center in TurboTax CD/Download to print or save a PDF copy. If you're using TurboTax CD/Download, you may want to create a separate copy of your .tax2019 file by going to File and selecting Save As.

Next, find your Form 1095-A. This won't be in TurboTax. You should have received a paper form in the mail from your marketplace. If you didn't receive a Form 1095-A, sign in to your Healthcare.gov account to download a copy.  Select your first name to access your profile and look under Messages to find the notice that you have a Form 1095-A. (The instructions might be different if you used a state marketplace to get your coverage.) Once you've got it, follow the instructions below for your version of TurboTax.

When you're done in TurboTax, you'll need to print out Form 8962 and mail or fax it to the IRS, along with any other items requested in their letter (IRS Letter 12C).   If there's a change to your refund amount or the amount you owe, you'll need to print and send page 2 of your 1040.

Remember:

• Respond promptly.
    • If you disagree with the IRS, respond with an explanation—and with the item(s) they're requesting.
  • You don't need to complete or send a Form 1040X (amended tax return) to the IRS.
    • Send page 2 of your 1040 only if the refund or owed amount has changed.

TurboTax Online Instructions

TurboTax CD/Download Instructions for Windows

TurboTax CD/Download Instructions for Mac

Related Information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Respond promptly?? This is all turbo tax’s fault!!!! If you guys had prompted for the 1095a in the first place all of us wouldn’t be in this position. I have a few thousand dollars that my family could use right about now and it’s been Almost 5 months. I will not be using tt next year so thanks

for the advice that we already know now thanks 

Fax I believe . I mailed mine mid March and every day I wake up and check the app getting my hopes up. This stinks 

I filed February 1st. Got my letter mid March. I faxed my papers. My status is still processing. I did get a change on one of  my transcripts so I'm hoping that means my papers were at least received because I didn't get any confirmation that they had been. This has not been a fun time.

I would say that if the process was free then maybe that would be so. But if we paid $40 or more for their program to catch things we may have missed, like healthcare questions, then they are liable, or at the very least to refund the cost to use the program. And they're not even doing that!

LisaO1967

I looked up this subject because with this virus it is now June and still no refund. I wondered how I missed putting in this info with TurboTax. I’ve used it for years. I didn’t realize they never asked for it.  Very frustrated!

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

There is a delay in processing the returns as the IRS is not processing anything paper at the moment due to Covid-19 and social distancing policies in effect.  

IRS operations

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies