Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

There is no "Tax Tools on the left of my screen to click on??: .

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state.  Add a State 2018.JPG

This will take you back to the 2018 online tax return.

Tax Tools is located on the left side of the online program screen when accessing the 2018 tax return.

Is your return open on the screen?  What do you see on the left?  Do you see Federal, State, Review, File?

How to find Tools

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3398810-where-is-the-tools-menu-option 

you have to be in your return.  Click on Add a State to let you back into your retun. 

Lossr
Returning Member

I don’ t need taxtool to get my 2018 taxes but I need to print out 2019. There is no taxtool setting on my screen. Your prior instructions does not help me get to print out my returns. I have paid my bill but will not finish and pay because I have paid IRS. 

@Lossr 

If you are using the "Online" software, and if you have not actually filed your 2019 tax return yet, you have to log into TTX and "continue" into your 2019 tax file before the Tax Tools menu selection shows up. 

(The picture above is for people who have already "filed" their tax returns...and, if you look at the date of the post, uses an example from waaaaaay back in 2019 for those filing 2018 taxes.....it would look similar for 2019 taxes to be filed this year (2020), but only for people who have already filed their 2019 taxes.)

IF you are in the "Free " version, you can print without paying.  IF you are in a Pay-for-it version (Plus, Deluxe, Premier or SE) , you'll have to pay before printing. 

Note:  Just because you've already paid the IRS a balance due, that doesn't mean you can decide to not bother filing the forms. The forms must be filed or they won't know what the payment is for, and they may come back to you later demanding even more $$ because they never received the details of your tax file. ( and ...  It is not a good idea to pay your balance due before actually filing your tax forms. Too many mis-steps can happen that make the payment the wrong one. )

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies