TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
41 people found this useful

Where is the Tools menu option?

For starters, you'll never see My Account > Tools on your tablet or mobile device. That's because the window isn't big enough to display all drop-downs and menus.

In addition, you won't see the Tools option if your return isn't open, your browser window is too small, and/or the zoom setting is too high.

Here's how you can get around all these problems:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax account from a laptop or desktop computer with internet access.
  2. Maximize your browser window by clicking the box in the extreme upper-right corner (between the underscore and the "X").
  3. Make sure you click the orange Take me to my return button after you sign in.

Once you're in your return, you'll see Tools as the first option in the My Account menu, located in the upper-right corner of your screen.

Still don't see it? Then "zoom out" (reduce the zoom percentage) until the My Account drop-down menu appears. If you're "zoomed in" too far, certain menu items will disappear because there's not enough room to display them all.

GEN87784