Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The w2 I have entered in continues to say needs review, I have reviewed it 4 times now and it is exactly the same as whats on my w2

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

34 Replies
AlanT222
Expert Alumni

The w2 I have entered in continues to say needs review, I have reviewed it 4 times now and it is exactly the same as whats on my w2

In TurboTax Online, some customers are experiencing an issue in the "Review" section of the program. The program states that the customer "Needs Review" their W-2 entry even though they have completed their W-2 Entry.

We are currently working on this. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have same issue. Not resolved yet

Got my issue resolved! I use import W2 from employer. Box 14 got filled in but Category was not selected during the import because W2 doesn't have any in there for RSUs. After editing Box 14 category and selecting "Other (not classified)" issue is solved and the "needs review" goes away. Weird that I never needed to do it in previous years despite W2 was the same. Also, software should be able to point to the missing field not being filled in rather than just give a "needs review" message. Not very intuitive  

Very helpful. Thanks!

This actually worked for me. Thanks 

This fixed my problem as well.  Wish it was more clear what was missing.

Hi there,

I have reviewed my 2020 W2 5 times now. It continues to say, NEEDS REVIEW.  I'm not sure what's wrong?  I've used Turbo Tax for the past 6 years.  I've never had an issue like this.  Please advise.

Cheers,

Regina Durrant

[email address removed]

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Try this and see if this clears the issue for you.  Please log completely out of TurboTax.  Then, in your browser, please clear your cache and delete your cookies.  After this, close completely out of the browser.  Re-open everything including logging back into TurboTax.  Also, you can try completing your return in a different browser as well.  

For further instructions on how to clear cache and delete cookies, please see the links below:

Clear Cache

Delete Cookies

No fix entered in this forum works.  TT continues to insist I need to review W-2 that I imported and I have reviewed it 10 times.  I would like TT to acknowledge that it's correct and reviewed.  Please fix. Email link for fix notification does not work either.  Logs me right back in where the please review W2 notice is. Not a good start to 2022. 

@jlarse08 wrote:

No fix entered in this forum works.  TT continues to insist I need to review W-2 that I imported and I have reviewed it 10 times.  I would like TT to acknowledge that it's correct and reviewed.  Please fix. Email link for fix notification does not work either.  Logs me right back in where the please review W2 notice is. Not a good start to 2022. 

Delete the imported W-2 and re-enter manually.  This should correct the problem.

I tried this and still nothing. My other W-2s were approved just fine.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Delete the w2, clear the cookies and cache, log out and back in again, type the w2 in manually. This should solve the problem.

Lorne2
Returning Member

This problem is not resolved. I'm having the same issue and when I try to sign up for the email notification that's been linked in this thread I get this error, 

"This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it."

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

The link provided within this thread for email notifications is from last tax season and is outdated. Have you tried to delete the W-2 and re-enter it manually as suggested by AmyC? 

@Lorne2

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies