Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

carmenc

The w2 I have entered in continues to say needs review, I have reviewed it 4 times now and it is exactly the same as whats on my w2

Thank you! This worked for me and solved the "needs review" message. I agree with your comment, "software should be able to point to the missing field not being filled in rather than just give a "needs review" message."

BeeW02

The w2 I have entered in continues to say needs review, I have reviewed it 4 times now and it is exactly the same as whats on my w2

I've tried all of the suggested methods: deleting and re-entering the W2 information, inputting "Other" in the category for Box 14, clearing my cache and data, all to no avail. I am still having the "Needs Review" issue. Everything else is completely correct. Is there any other solution? I'm getting so frustrated! 

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

You said you deleted the W-2 information, but have you deleted the entire W-2 and re-entered it from scratch.   Leave the review (some things can't be fixed in the review section).   Go back to the federal portion of the tax return and delete the W-2 and re-enter - paying attention to warning and error screens, if any when you re-enter it.   @BeeW02

Here is the help line if that doesn't work..

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm having the same problem as some others on here - NEEDS  REVIEW !  There's nothing really to review - obviously a problem with the software or availabilty of the info?  Very frustrating!   

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

I suggest you go to the Federal Review section.  This Review scans your entire tax return and asks for specific entries.  This may be the best way to identify any review issues.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies