turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The TurboTax site will not let me finish filing my return it keeps bringing me back to sign and finish can someone please help?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

50 Replies
Heather14

The TurboTax site will not let me finish filing my return it keeps bringing me back to sign and finish can someone please help?

Please make certain that you entered your phone number in your return as it is required.  If you have entered your phone number then please see the information below. 

Please see the following TurboTax FAQ for help trouble-shooting your e-filing issues:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300688

NoteYou can also save and sign out of your return, then clear your cookies and your cache on your computer, then close your browser and reopen. When you log back in to your TurboTax Online account you should not have any further issue with your return.  

Im having the exact same problem and Im at the last step of trying to E-file. "Great Job So far" Screen keeps reappearing after going through the process, please help.  

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please try refreshing your browser and clearing out your cookies. If that does not work, try clearing out your browser's cache. You may also want to try a different browser. 

Please see below for information on how to delete your cookies. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-do-i-delete-cookies/00/25978

Please see below for information on how to delete your cache.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-to-clear-your-cache/00/26135

If you would like to contact customer support for additional assistance please see below. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It's doing the same thing to me as well. Except it won't let me get passed step one, the whole using the refund to pay fees and dues. I get to the end and it says your good, but it just sends me back to the beginning to redo step one every time. 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

You may need to clear your cache and cookies. Make sure your return is saved in your TurboTax account and then sign out. Clear the cache and delete the cookies on your computer, open a new browser, sign back into your account and try entering your information again. You may also want to change browsers, for example, if you are using Chrome, try switching to Firefox.

Np412

Same thing with me but I’m using the app 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Can you please provide specific details of the issue you're experiencing with the app so that we can better assist you?

@Np412

Mandy23

Same with me with the app. I am trying to sign and file and it keeps bringing me back to the page where I select “sign and file”. 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

First, please try refreshing your screen, next try clearing your browser's cache. Then log out and log back into TurboTax. You can also try using a different browser.   

This link will show you how to delete your cookies.   

This link will help you clear your cache.      

How to clear your cache - Community     

If none of the other steps work, please don't hesitate to contact TurboTax support for more assistance. 

What is the TurboTax phone number? - Intuit  

Bradtank

Same for me. Cleared cache, switched browsers and everything. Will not go past step one. Please fix this

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

If the suggestions posted in this thread have not worked for you, please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support for assistance.

What is the TurboTax phone number? 

@Bradtank

User for 8yrs
Returning Member

I am having the same issue when I come to the sign and file page. Does anyone know what to do? I've cleared cache cookies and switched to a different device 

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

In addition to what you have already tried, you may also try using a different browser; if the issue persists, as MichelleLO mentioned above, please contact Turbo Tax via phone - the number is listed here: Turbo Tax Phone Number  @User for 8yrs .

No, this is still an ongoing problem as of Monday January 24th. Has anyone fixed this? My return was rejected, and from what I’ve read I have 5 days to fix and file or I have to start over and potentially file by mail. Turbo customer service was absolutely no help whatsoever. I click sign and file, it asks how I want to file I click continue, it brings me back to sign and file page with the first two options already complete. Is it possible I can file elsewhere since nobody wants to fix this???

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies