Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Aliska
Returning Member

Taxes won't efile- says update needed

I have the same problem. Did you find the solution?

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

If you have tried the fixes in the posts above and here and your issue is not resolved, go to this link to contact a representative who can best handle your situation. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
vjdanko
Returning Member

I am having exactly the same problem. Has anyone been able to get it fixed without going through the Customer Service?

AmyC
Expert Alumni

See if this works to get you out of the loop cycle.  @vjdanko

vjdanko
Returning Member

Unfortunately, it did not help.  I think I have tried everything available online.  I also contacted the Support and was emailed the same instructions I received from you.  At this point, I have run out of options and will probably have to use another software as the time I spend trying to fix this one just makes no sense.

cau_tuan

I have the same exact problem.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

The best thing to do is to contact Customer Support for assistance. They are able to better assist you.

What is the TurboTax phone number? - Community

mblosser

The manual update doesn't work.   It says Turbotax isn't installed, even though it is.

I am in the endless loop.  Return says several forms need updates.  I check the updates list and all of them are available.  Yet when I run the "Check for Updates" it says I am up to date.  i haven't even tried yet to do State returns but assume that will also be a problem.

I have tried uninstall and reinstall, troubleshooting, Administrator, cache clearing, installing on a  different computer, and nothing works.

I spend several hundred dollars every year on Turbotax products.  I average 8 state returns and those are NOT cheap.  I expect this to work and that I will not have to be an IT expert to fix it.  This problem has NEVER occurred in past years and I have been a TT customer for 20+ years.

Should I call and demand a new key or whatever you call the license thing?  I have other work to do and can't be wasting hours trying to get your stupid software to function as promised.

I am so frustrated.  I am having the same problem.  For 3 days I have been uninstalling, repairing, installing applying a variety of patches (not in that order)  and NOTHING!  Still get the message.  I did manage to file federal but not NYS.  And it is due tomorrow.  I see by the posts this problem is ongoing since February!!!!!!!  I cannot believe it hasn't been fixed.  I spent good money on this only to be totally frustrated.  And it says don't worry you can always print and send in????  Why did I buy the state then?  And, as far as I know NYS requires e-filing.  

Well here we are trying to e-file taxes and I just ran into this same problem, the 2020 Deluxe version is telling me I need to do an update when I try to do an update it tells me I'm up to date. Has anyone really found a fix for this mess? Shame on intuit for allowing this error to go on so long. I've used TurboTax longer than I can remember, going to rethink that decision next year. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the below TurboTax FAQs for assistance with your software update issue:

@satelliteragtop

jliz0829
Returning Member

please advise how can I include my W2 on my e-file that was sent already 3 days ago?

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

You cannot change your return at this point. If your e-file is still pending, you won't be able to make changes until the IRS either accepts or rejects your return. 

It is likely that the IRS will reject your return due to incorrect input of your stimulus payments. If they don't, it is possible your refund/amount due will be automatically adjusted based on the stimulus money you received in 2020. 

If your return is not rejected, you will have to amend your return. To do so, please follow the directions on the How do I amend my 2020 return?

@jliz0829

I tried to follow these instructions and it was for the 2019 version, not 2020. 

@satelliteragtop wrote:

I tried to follow these instructions and it was for the 2019 version, not 2020. 

2019 can only be printed and paper filed now.  2019 e-file ended on Oct 15 2020.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies