turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Amendment 2019

I mailed by amended tax return document to IRS  in April and when i see the status under "where is my amended return " , it shows

"Your amended return was received on XXXX XX, 2020. However, it has not been processed. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please call [phone number removed], extension XXX, between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. You will need a copy of your amended return."

. I tried 100 times calling the number and every time it says we are sorry please try later on or call next day . Anyone feedback/suggestion ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

16 Replies

Tax Amendment 2019

The IRS has not been working on mailed returns until very recently---and an amended return could only be filed by mailing it in until late August 2020 when the IRS began to accept e-filed 2019 amended returns.   Under normal circumstances you would be able to see something about your mailed in Form 1040X after about three weeks, but that is not the case right now.  The usual 4 months for processing an amended return is going to take longer.  Sorry.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/20/politics/irs-mail-trailers-covid/index.html

MAILED RETURNS

Per the IRS website IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continue 

IRS operational status and alternatives

Processing Delays for Paper Tax Returns: Taxpayers should file electronically through their tax preparer, tax software provider, or IRS Free File

We’re experiencing delays in processing paper tax returns due to limited staffing. If you already filed a paper return, we will process it in the order we received it.

Do not file a second tax return or contact the IRS about the status of your return.

If you mail a tax return (or a payment) to the IRS, it is a good idea to use a mailing service that will track it like UPS or certified mail so you will know it was received.

TurboTax will not know anything about your amended return, and nor will TT know that you put your 1040X  in an envelope and took it to a mailbox.  TurboTax does not get updates on mailed  (or e-filed) returns.

When the IRS finally opens its mail and begins to process mailed returns you can check the status on the IRS site.

https://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-(Form-1040-X)/Wheres-My-Amended-Return-1

https://www.irs.gov/filing/individuals/amended-returns-form-1040-x/amended-return-frequently-asked-q...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Tax Amendment 2019

I see it is being picked up . They are asking me to call on number provided but line never goes through ,always ask to call later or next day.

"Your amended return was received on XXXX XX, 2020. However, it has not been processed. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please call [phone number removed], extension XXX, between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. You will need a copy of your amended return."

Tax Amendment 2019

No one has gotten thru ... now it is a waiting game. 

fyrewallinc
Returning Member

Tax Amendment 2019

Hi,

Well. I guess 'it is what it is" as tht saying goes :(

I signed up for the EMAIL NOTF when the missing forms were updated. Got 2 ems fm TT. Em clearly stated TT will WALK ME THRU the completion of the said missing forms AFTER I update the sfw. I updated it 3 times!!! NOTHING changed. I have the same red DO NOT FILE on those forms. PLUS TT says time to efile has expired. Is this a game they are playing? I cannot emphasize enough that I have followed the procedures including printing and mailing whatever I could to meet the deadline. One member recommended I file and wait for IRS to send a letter if they require more info.

"Per the IRS website IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continue 

Processing Delays for Paper Tax Returns: Taxpayers should file electronically through their tax preparer, tax software provider, or IRS Free File

We’re experiencing delays in processing paper tax returns due to limited staffing. If you already filed a paper return, we will process it in the order we received it.

Do not file a second tax return or contact the IRS about the status of your return."

My questions:

1. Should I or should I NOT file an amended Return (to include the missing forms)?

2. How can I file with the RED MARKINGS?

3. Do I have to be concerned about being penalized for incomplete info provided?

4. How does IRS FREE EFILE work? Is this not the same method TT applies to efile for customers?

MY FINAL AND MOST DISTRESSING QUESTION:

Why cant TT own up to providing a WORKING LIVE HELP PHONE NUMBER when PEOPLE PAY to use their services? Whats the big deal? Whats the point of using their services if they take us round in circles? We rely on their experts and expertise, so PROVIDE IT DILIGENTLY or NOT AT ALL.

ANYONE OUT THERE IN THE UNIVERSE WITH AN INTELLIGENT ANSWER - i am all ears :(

Thanks

Tax Amendment 2019

@fyrewallinc wrote:

Hi,

Well. I guess 'it is what it is" as tht saying goes :(

I signed up for the EMAIL NOTF when the missing forms were updated. Got 2 ems fm TT. Em clearly stated TT will WALK ME THRU the completion of the said missing forms AFTER I update the sfw. I updated it 3 times!!! NOTHING changed. I have the same red DO NOT FILE on those forms. PLUS TT says time to efile has expired. Is this a game they are playing? I cannot emphasize enough that I have followed the procedures including printing and mailing whatever I could to meet the deadline. One member recommended I file and wait for IRS to send a letter if they require more info.

"Per the IRS website IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continue 

Do not file a second tax return or contact the IRS about the status of your return."

My questions:

1. Should I or should I NOT file an amended Return (to include the missing forms)?

2. How can I file with the RED MARKINGS?

3. Do I have to be concerned about being penalized for incomplete info provided?

4. How does IRS FREE EFILE work? Is this not the same method TT applies to efile for customers?

MY FINAL AND MOST DISTRESSING QUESTION:

Why cant TT own up to providing a WORKING LIVE HELP PHONE NUMBER when PEOPLE PAY to use their services? Whats the big deal? Whats the point of using their services if they take us round in circles? We rely on their experts and expertise, so PROVIDE IT DILIGENTLY or NOT AT ALL.

ANYONE OUT THERE IN THE UNIVERSE WITH AN INTELLIGENT ANSWER - i am all ears :(

Thanks

If the software will not update then if using the Windows version, you should do a manual update that usually fixes it.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/what-is-a-manual-update/01/26074?search-action-id=99...

If using the Mac software then first restart the computer, then,

Corruption could have occurred in the Application or in an associated preference or support file.

The best remedy is to totally uninstall TurboTax and all associate files and then re-install. That will not delete or change any .tax2019 data file that had already been created with the tax data.

To uninstall the application and all associated files need to be deleted and then the application reinstalled. If there was a state then the state must also be reinstalled.

Here is a FAQ for how to uninstall Mac
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901210-remove-uninstall-turbotax-for-mac
Also if present remove: ~Library/Caches/KSCrash/TurboTax

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901209-reinstall-turbotax-macis still problems:

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Tax Amendment 2019

@macuser_22 @fyrewallinc 

User has multiple posts in another thread

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-october-15-is-deadline-to-file-taxes-i-am-miss...

"MY FINAL AND MOST DISTRESSING QUESTION...."

Customer support is available to users who are using paid versions of TurboTax.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

They are available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time  Monday-Friday

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
fyrewallinc
Returning Member

Tax Amendment 2019

Thanx. However:

I DID uninstall and reinstall.

I DID a manual update.

I SEE the problem persists.

What other options do I have?

Since TT DID NOT ALLOW me to EFILE because Forms were not available, I printed and certified/return receipt mailed to IRS. Wait time is expected. I only need the said missing forms WITHOUT THE RED MARKINGS so I can send in the 1040X and wait.

Below is the em I recvd. Specifies "walk me through" after update. Nothing happened.

"The wait is over! The tax forms we needed to finish up your taxes are
ready to go.

We're ready to walk you through:

• Schedule C (Form 1040), Profit or Loss from Business
  • Schedule E (Form 1040), Page 2, Supplemental Income and Loss
  • Schedule EIC, Earned Income Credit
  • Form 8995, Qualified Business Income Deduction Simplified Computation
  • Schedule 8812, Additional Child Tax Credit
  • Schedule K-1 (Form 1120S), Shareholder's Share of Income, Credits, etc.
  • Schedule C (Form 1040), Profit or Loss from Business
  • Schedule K-1 (Form 1120S), Shareholder's Share of Income, Credits, etc.

Simply open TurboTax on your computer and it should update automatically.

Having trouble? Make sure you're connected to the internet, then select
Check for updates in your top TurboTax menu.

Thank you,
Turbotax"

This topic is getting annoying. I have tried and applied ALL the help the kind readers have been providing. TT should take up responsibility and have the courtesy of calling me to explain or walk me through fixing THEIR problem.

ANYONE?????

fyrewallinc
Returning Member

Tax Amendment 2019

Yes I have multiple posts on this subject. I took the advice of a reader/post (CHAMP, I believe), since TT was running me in circles.

I do not appreciate or need to be reminded that the service is for PAYING customers only. I would not be on this panel otherwise.

I will try and call TT AGAIN, only today, from that link provided. Perhaps someone will be of assistance.

Tax Amendment 2019

The forms are all available and have been for  months.  If the manual update did not work then I can only suggest calling support.   Perhaps a new download will help.

There is no single published number because it changes contently depending on the nature of the call and agent availability. Following the link below will either give a current number for you to call or take your number for a callback.

(Note that phone support is for paying customers only. There is no phone support for Free Customers.)

Here is a TurboTax FAQ for contacting customer support.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
fyrewallinc
Returning Member

Tax Amendment 2019

Negative. The forms ARE on TT but again with RED DO NOT FILE WRITTEN TOP RIGHT CORNER.

Update. Hit "continue' button. Nothing. I accessed FORMS section. RED DO NOT FILE, again.

I did REVIEW twice, nothing. Still get "there are x amount of sections need to be reviewed". Which by the way ARE CONCERNED with those RED MARKED FORMS.  How to proceed?

Updates/patching/uninstall/install, everything has been affected.

Email from TT received that FORMS ARE FINALLY AVAILABLE for filing - that is incorrect. Forms still show RED.

Instructions followed to the letter, to no avail.

Thanks for the 'MOST CURRENT CONTACT NUMBER".

I will call and stop annoying the readers/posters and be discourteously reminded of 'repeat posts' and 'paying customers'.

There's hope elsewhere.

Tax Amendment 2019

The "paying customers" is standard in my instructions for contacting support because these posts are public posts also read by non-paying customers looking at a way to call.

The red "do not file" means that your software does not contain the "final"version of the forms and that means that the updated have not been applied.

There have been cases when only a computer tech can find the reason.   I have seen more than one case where it ended up being corruption in the computers software.    There have also been cases where there was anti-virus software that was once installed and then removed but parts of it remained behind and was blocking updates.

fyrewallinc
Returning Member

Tax Amendment 2019

FYI. The 800 number has a robotic menu that cannot understand the responses. Keeps asking and repeating requests then disconnects.  I have been down this route multiple times, including using other numbers available to call. Each time they disconnect when they dont understand my responses.

Who is annoying now?

I am sure this area is being monitored by TT reps. It would behoove one person to pick up the thread or make an effort to call me to resolve this matter in its entirety.

fyrewallinc
Returning Member

Tax Amendment 2019

Thanks. I will look into that.

fyrewallinc
Returning Member

Tax Amendment 2019

In addition to my 'not being a freeloader", I have paid for the AUDIT HELP incase of unforeseen problems.

TT does not want to help.

I will have to seek other avenues of help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies