Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@fyrewallinc wrote:

Hi,

Well. I guess 'it is what it is" as tht saying goes :(

I signed up for the EMAIL NOTF when the missing forms were updated. Got 2 ems fm TT. Em clearly stated TT will WALK ME THRU the completion of the said missing forms AFTER I update the sfw. I updated it 3 times!!! NOTHING changed. I have the same red DO NOT FILE on those forms. PLUS TT says time to efile has expired. Is this a game they are playing? I cannot emphasize enough that I have followed the procedures including printing and mailing whatever I could to meet the deadline. One member recommended I file and wait for IRS to send a letter if they require more info.

"Per the IRS website IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continue 

IRS operational status and alternatives

Processing Delays for Paper Tax Returns: Taxpayers should file electronically through their tax preparer, tax software provider, or IRS Free File

We’re experiencing delays in processing paper tax returns due to limited staffing. If you already filed a paper return, we will process it in the order we received it.

Do not file a second tax return or contact the IRS about the status of your return."

My questions:

1. Should I or should I NOT file an amended Return (to include the missing forms)?

2. How can I file with the RED MARKINGS?

3. Do I have to be concerned about being penalized for incomplete info provided?

4. How does IRS FREE EFILE work? Is this not the same method TT applies to efile for customers?

MY FINAL AND MOST DISTRESSING QUESTION:

Why cant TT own up to providing a WORKING LIVE HELP PHONE NUMBER when PEOPLE PAY to use their services? Whats the big deal? Whats the point of using their services if they take us round in circles? We rely on their experts and expertise, so PROVIDE IT DILIGENTLY or NOT AT ALL.

ANYONE OUT THERE IN THE UNIVERSE WITH AN INTELLIGENT ANSWER - i am all ears :(

Thanks

If the software will not update then if using the Windows version, you should do a manual update that usually fixes it.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/what-is-a-manual-update/01/26074?search-action-id=99...

If using the Mac software then first restart the computer, then,

Corruption could have occurred in the Application or in an associated preference or support file.

The best remedy is to totally uninstall TurboTax and all associate files and then re-install. That will not delete or change any .tax2019 data file that had already been created with the tax data.

To uninstall the application and all associated files need to be deleted and then the application reinstalled. If there was a state then the state must also be reinstalled.

Here is a FAQ for how to uninstall Mac
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901210-remove-uninstall-turbotax-for-mac
Also if present remove: ~Library/Caches/KSCrash/TurboTax

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901209-reinstall-turbotax-macis still problems:

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**