Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

State tax filing charge is $39.99, how can I get discount on the state charge?

I purchased MacBook Turbo tax deluxe on amazon.com

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

Did you buy the Deluxe version that doesn't come with a free state program?  If you buy Deluxe besides Turbo Tax it comes 2 ways, Deluxe with state and Deluxe without state for states that don't have a income tax.  Does your order say Fed + Efile + State?

Or you are seeing the state efile fee of 19.99 then if you want it deducted from your federal refund there is an extra 39.99 Refund Processing Service charge (44.99 in California) which you can avoid.  You can pay the 19.99 by credit card or  print and mail state for free.

it comes with one free state, but I need another state its charging me $39.99

You can do unlimited state returns for the same state.  But if you need another state program for a different state you have to buy a second state download.   If you need to do the same state for another return do not click on Add A State at the bottom of the State tab,  but click Start by the state listed in the box.  

Sorry there is no discount to buy an additional state program module.  But there is a discount right now until the prices go up to 44.99 around March 1.  

I paid $39.99 to file the state of North Carolina but at end of filing it was never filed only my state of residence of Arizona.  Turbo tax needs to give me Credit for the total amount of $43.00 for not filing North Carolina.  I am expecting Turbo Tax I have been using for years to honor this and issue me a credit.

@gdaniel183  Did you use the Desktop installed program and bought the NC state download?  The fee is to prepare the return, not to efile it.  To efile a state from the Desktop program would be another additional 19.99 or you can print and mail state for free.  Or did you use the Online version?  

Either way, Contact Customer Service
5am-9pm Pacific Time Monday - Sunday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

I paid 69.00 purchasing turbo tax online I figured I was going to have to file 2 states but when ahead and paid the other state of NC for 39.00 but when I got to the end turbo tax said I didn't have to file NC I did pay $19.95 for filing Arizona.

Fed efile plus State

I paid with credit card I don't get a refund

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies