turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Molly16
Returning Member

State E-file undisclosed charges

Thanks for being a kind friend.

Some states charge their residents a e-filing fee and other do not. NJ charges a fee and NY does not.

You may want to consider setting up an alert on your credit card. You can receive an alert anytime it is used. 

Dawn101

I looked up my AGI on the IRS for 2018, and plugged it in.  Both my fed and state returns were rejected after several attempts.  Does anyone know how I get my $24.99 refund from Turbo Tax since I am unable to e-file?

@Dawn101 wrote:

I looked up my AGI on the IRS for 2018, and plugged it in.  Both my fed and state returns were rejected after several attempts.  Does anyone know how I get my $24.99 refund from Turbo Tax since I am unable to e-file?

To contact TurboTax customer service/support use their contact website during business hours. If the problem concerns any type of refund for fees, use the key words billing issues and do Not use the word Refund or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

Carlyetta

I have been using Turbo Tax for years. The cost and add-ons continue to increase.  I am moving to a new tax software next year.  I've had it with extra costs.

I paid $83 to download Turbotax Deluxe, and it said it included one free state, and then when it was time to e-file, it asked for my credit card to pay an additional $25 to file my state return.  After two separate phone calls, and being on hold a total of two and a half hours, I gave up and paid the extra $25.  Now I am trying to get my $25 back and am on hold again.  It seems very fishy that this is happening to so many people.  

You get one free state PROGRAM download to prepare unlimited state returns.  Some people need to file in more than one state so they have to buy another state program.

Then each state return (including the first one) is 19.99 to efile, usually goes up to 24.99 March 1.  Or you can print and mail state for free.

Box says Federal Returns & Federal E-File plus State Returns.  It does not say state efile is included.  It also says on the back of my CD case in the comparison chart....

1 state product via download (print free  or efile for $19.99 each) prices subject to change without notice.

And click on 1 state download on Deluxe or above on the Desktop CD/Download page.  Then in the pop up box scroll down to the very bottom.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/ 

umassfan1961
Returning Member

Hi Dawn, 

The same thing happen to me. I dont think they will refund the money. You can try calling  and wait on for over an hour and half  and find out they wont refund money or you will hang up cause the wait is too long to talk to someone in India.  They make you wait so that you hang up.

For those who may not know ... the IRS has 10 FREE FILE OPTIONS to choose from if your 2019 AGI is $69K or less  ... always check here first before buying any DIY program.    https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

Exactly right I am done with TT, after 5 years using this program it gets worse, and last years 2019 was the worst experience ever, it has glitches and erroneous data that it did not run to make sure there weren't errors, I had to go do them manually by opening the form! otherwise I would of gotten a lot less CA refund!!!

You need to call in and request for the correct pay, it's not guaranteed you get it, the agent quoted me $44.00 for downloading a second state return (NC), that was just for the download, but he website said $39.99 and I told him that, he said he would confirm after he takes my visa card info, not until after did he quote me $39.99 but at first he told me it was $44.00 ~ so what's it going to be? ~ I told him that and he didn't care, ~ he is working from home now during Covid-19   ~~ he can care less if some of us struggle jobless and trying to save every penny we can, while he goes nonchalant at home!!! and probably working in his PJs also!

DITTO, DONE WITH TT

SSWOH

I agree I was charged $50 after making an amended return but in NEVER amended the state one. but got charged $50!

Asta
Level 3

if i were you, i would just call up my credit card company and ask them to reject the payment. 

Asta
Level 3

if i were you, i would just call the credit card company and dispute the payment. 

Asta
Level 3

if i were you, i would just call the credit card company and dispute the payment. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies