turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

social security

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

social security

This is not live chat.  We need a complete question or we do not know how to help you.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

social security

Please help

social security

We would love to help.   But you have not asked a question.  We do not know what you want.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

social security

Do you only get Social Security?  Do you want to know about the stimulus check?

NEW INFO FOR THE STIMULUS CHECK......

From the U.S. Department of the Treasury

April 1, 2020

WASHINGTON – The U.S. Department of the Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service today announced that Social Security beneficiaries who are not typically required to file tax returns will not need to file an abbreviated tax return to receive an Economic Impact Payment. Instead, payments will be automatically deposited into their bank accounts. 

For the full press release see: 

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm967

social security

you best go home now

social security

Oh...I thought I did.  I entered $16.000 in two places.  This was my social security benefit for the year.  I entered it in the proper place (turbo tax deluxe), but then mistakenly entered as extra income,,,mistake.  Well fine.  But I could not undo it..  I tried and failed.  so that increased my wage earnings by $16,000.  what to do?

social security

Did you e-file it?  If not,  it is not too late to delete the double entry.  There is only one place that you should have entered the SSA1099:

Go to Federal> Wages & Income>>Retirement Plans and Social Security  (SSA1099 and 1099RRB) to enter your SSA1099.

But meanwhile----was the Form 1040 showing a tax refund?  What was on line 20?  Or line 23?  We need some details of your problem if you want help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies