turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Self employed

I'm filing both W2 and self-employed.  I made less than $3000 self-employed and NO EXPENSES.  Will I still need to use TurboTax self-employed when I do my taxes?  Like I said I have no expenses with my self employment.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Self employed

With no self-employed expenses you can use the TurboTax online Deluxe edition to report both your self-employment income and income from your W-2.

Self employed

Hi, same question, but regarding the home version of Turbo Tax, would Premier work if no expenses for the self employed part in addition to the W2 part?  Thanks for your time, Joe

Self employed

What is the home version?  The Desktop CD/Download program?  You can use any Desktop version.  All the Desktop programs have the same forms. You just get more help and guidance in the higher versions. 

Self employed

Perfect, Thank you!

Vanessa A
Employee Tax Expert

Self employed

Yes, if you have no expenses, the desktop version of TurboTax Premier will handle the business income.  All forms are included in all the desktop versions.  You simply do not get the interview guidance when entering certain business items. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Self employed

Thank you!

Self employed

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this but I'm trying to figure out where on form 1040 or Schedule C I find Credits for line 7 for form 1040ES.  Would these be on line 18 (Payments) from form 1040? 

Self employed

@rogo2020 wrote:

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this but I'm trying to figure out where on form 1040 or Schedule C I find Credits for line 7 for form 1040ES.  Would these be on line 18 (Payments) from form 1040? 

Federal estimated taxes paid are entered on Form 1040 Schedule 3 Line 8. The totals for Schedule 3 flow to Form 1040 Line 18d

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies