turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

quidiber

Schedule E depreciation

This form seems to be out on the IRS sight but still says we are waiting for it on Turbo Tax

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

16 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Schedule E depreciation

after its out. TT programmers must write to code to have the form.   Anyway it's too early to file

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Schedule E depreciation

Forms don't go instantly from the IRS web site into TurboTax. After the IRS issues a form TurboTax has to update the software, test it, and submit the updated software to the IRS for approval before it can be released to users. There are a huge number of forms that all have to be updated for the new tax year. TurboTax will give priority to the ones that are used the most, or that are most likely to be needed by people who file early. Go to the following link for a list of the estimated availability dates for federal tax forms in TurboTax.

IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

Schedule E depreciation

Still waiting for this today. Any ideas why it's still not on TT?

Schedule E depreciation

So much for using TurboTax to be able to shoot my returns off right at the start of February. Any idea when this will become available?

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

Schedule E depreciation

Per our updates, the form is available to use.  

Click to check: Schedule E

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Schedule E depreciation

When I run the federal tax review, it shows that forms need to be revisited for Depreciation for Schedule E.  I have updated the forms and gone through each asset entry and this message is still there.  Do I still need to do anything?

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Schedule E depreciation

Do you see a red exclamation mark next to the asset entry worksheets? That would indicate that there is something that needs to be corrected on the form.

Schedule E depreciation

For me personally when viewing the forms, there is no red exclamation point next to Sched E or any of its related Asset and Depr forms. Nonetheless, I also keep getting the "Revisit" message for Sched E. But when I have my return checked for errors, none are found.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Schedule E depreciation

You made need to change browsers. Make sure your return is saved in your TurboTax account and then sign out. Clear the cache and delete the cookies on your computer, open a new browser, sign back into your account and see if still get the "Revisit" message.

If you continue to have problems, please click on the Contact Us form https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/. We’ll help you connect with the right expert for your specific problem.

Schedule E depreciation

I'm using the TurboTax Premier stand alone program on my PC. No cache to clear.

Schedule E depreciation

I am also on a stand alone Turbo Tax, no browser, no cache.

Schedule E depreciation

No red mark, just the notice.

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Schedule E depreciation

To best resolve this issue, please click here to get in contact with customer care. Please be sure to enter the correct product, edition, and a detailed description of your issue. If you see a message that says "We can't find an answer to your issue", please click the "Try Something Else" drop down. Once you fill out the form you will be given a service ticket number and a phone number to contact customer care.  

Schedule E depreciation

It looks like we have a solution that would apply here that another user posted in a similar thread elsewhere. It worked like a charm for me:
"Figured it out.  Go to show Forms and find Form 4562.  Delete it and then go back and re-do the depreciation section of the entry for the rental properties.  It will re-calc the form and error goes away.  Seems to clear up the depreciation error for any schedule."

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies