turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

eckland3

Opening Turbotax 2019 software

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

47 Replies

This is not live chat, so it would be helpful if you would ask a complete question.  Have you already downloaded/installed the 2019 software?  Did you update it?  What happens when you try to open the program?

And of course, since we really do not know what your issue is, the 2019 online software is not yet available so you cannot "open" it until it become available sometime in December.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

after clicking to open, the activation screens appears for a moment then goes away.

I have installed Turbotax Premier 2019 from the CD. However, the program will not open from the desk top icon. When I click on the icon the small activation scree appears for a few moments and then disappears. I have tried removing and then reloading the software, but that doesn't help. I have Windows 8.1 and my computer satifies all of the Turbotax requirements to run the program. Can anyone help me get the program to open? 

woo2738

Cannot get TT to open when it says its ready to install Turbo Tax

cfpirate
Returning Member

TT2019 can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software 

@cfpirate wrote:

TT2019 can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software 

if you get the message "TurboTax cannot be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software" then that is caused by the Apple "Gatekeeper" introduced with OS X 10.15 (Catalina).

That has nothing to do with TurboTax and will happen for any application not purchased from the Apple Store.

See this Apple article on this: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491

And this TurboTax help article: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/turbotax-for-mac-won-t-open-when-installed/00...

For older Mac systems when TurboTax will not open.
See:

Be sure that System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> General -> Allow apps downloaded from App Store and identified developers is checked.

Go to the Applications folder and select the TurboTax application in the Finder and right click with the mouse (or control click) ans select the top "open". That should force the first open. After that it should open normally.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899267-administrator-rights-mac

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
DSC26

I installed Turbotax with a CD, and I installed all the updates, but now how do I open it? I can see no place to click to open it.

When you go to Programs--is there nothing to click?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
DSC26

Yes, and I click on the forms folder, but what comes up are files with extensions that I am asked to download an app in order to open.

Qrpohle

I downloaded it. I paid for it. It tries to sell me another tax program. It does not take me to the open TurboTax page

Where did you buy it from?  If not from Turbo Tax it may be a scam.  What's it trying to sell you?  Or are you trying to use the Online web version?  That is different than the Desktop program you download.

shep363

after completing update last night, tt2019 won't open file; uninstalled this morning, re-downloaded from my intuit account and after completing install, selected "let's being", program closes out. help.

p38ace69
Returning Member

I have downloaded the software and updated the program but when it says STARTING NEW RETURN, it runs like it going to start but then shuts off like nothing happened. I installed it today 1/12/20

ysnpwy

I cannot get TurboTax to install 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies