Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Oops! Itappears there was a drop in our connection. Sorry about this! Sometimes theconnection between your browser and our server can be dropped asittraverses theInternet

Same! Using Chrome, it doesn't work. Cleared cache and cookies, disabled ad blockers and every other extension, still doesn't work. But it works fine on Safari and Firefox.

WTF intuit?  Fix your service. Divert just a few thousand bucks of your congressional lobbying fees to keep tax filing complicated so maybe your service at least works properly. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Oops! Itappears there was a drop in our connection. Sorry about this! Sometimes theconnection between your browser and our server can be dropped asittraverses theInternet

This sounds like an internet problem on your end.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
dgc137

If switching browsers fixes the problem then it's not an internet problem. 

PLEASE do not just swing by to offer “it sounds like your internet”. This issue has been clearly shown to be a browser issue. This is not helpful to people trying to sort this out. 

"This sounds like an internet problem on your end."

Wow.  Just...wow.  

Clearly I have no internet problem, since I'm posting about how unhelpful your post is. Not only did I receive a notification by email that you offered your useless comment, but I was able to instantly return here in my Chrome browser and point out how useless your post is.

Without question, the problem is with Intuit's handling of the Chrome browser, which is far and away the most popular internet browser in the entire world by a wide margin. 

Fix it, Intuit!

KC Clark
Returning Member

Very disappointing to find this thread with no solutions.  I use Opera and Vivaldi.  Getting the error on both.  Tried switching to a VPN connection and still getting same error on both browsers.

First time I've used online Turbo Tax.  Sure missing the downloaded version.

EDIT:  Just tried Firefox on my laptop with internet connection supplied by a hotspot.  Same result.
And for anyone thinking of suggesting I go back to downloaded version, I pay for Quickbooks SE and filing taxes online is part of what I'm paying for.

Seeing the same issue as well! Has anyone from Intuit provided a response to the earlier complaints?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

This is an issue we are aware of and are working on. Please sign up in the below FAQ so that we can keep you updated:

Oops! It appears there was a drop in our connection

@regularuser

I'm getting the same issue - when i try clicking the link to get updates on the KNOWN issues - it says access denied.  is there a better link that works for updates?

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

Please contact customer support here for further assistance so that we can take a look at what is going on to better assist you.

fredaa123
Returning Member

Is this a problem with the online Turbotax or does it also happen with the Turbotax disc?

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

This was a known issue that has been resolved by TurboTax. If you are still having the same issue at this time, you would need to use the FAQ link posted below and reach out to TurboTax customer support for further assistance:

TurboTax customer support

It has not been resolved and I've reached out several times and everyone gives the same answer.   Looks like it's time to move on to Tax Act

Got the same message on phone and Turbo Tax Online......

Took the risk of getting the CD version/download of Turbo Tax - It worked....took some time to import the transactions from Robinhood (approx 2000 ) but it worked......

pat008
Returning Member

Spoiler
Spoiler
Utter nonsense and useless product!!! I'm still getting the error in 2023! I used four different browsers across three other platforms and still had the same issue. The IT department is clueless about the subject—3+ years without resolution. Surprisingly there wasn't any issue while collecting premium fees for federal and state, but it started as soon as I was about to e-transmit the returns.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies