Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

On my 1099-B, the 1b (date acquire) field is blank. It doesn't have anything in it at all. When I try to leave that space blank n TurboTax, it tells me I must enter date

Just got confirmation from TurboTax that they're aware there's an issue, but they're taking the money anyway. 

On my 1099-B, the 1b (date acquire) field is blank. It doesn't have anything in it at all. When I try to leave that space blank n TurboTax, it tells me I must enter date

It sounds like it’s an IRS problem, rather than a TurboTax problem. Based on what @ReneeM7122 said.

Yes, you're correct. You don't pay until you file but I finished and they made me pay even though they knew it wouldn't go through the IRS. What a bunch of BS

Sounds like both their problems their contracted with each other. TurboTax is aware of the issue but they're taking the money anyway.

@ReneeM7122 thanks for the reply. As tedious as it sounds, I will probably undertake option #3 as long as you guys are right and that the IRS approved that workaround. I’d rather do that then wait for 5 weeks before I can file.

Appreciate the help!

TurboTax shouldn't be taking anyone's money if the product doesn't work properly. It's like buying a new car, getting in it, starting the engine, putting it in drive and it doesn't move. Then the car salesman comes out of the office and tells you the transmission isn't ready yet.

Pretty much deceitful fraud in my opinion.

Well Dan, how about you quit whining and go somewhere else then?

I admit I was frustrated at first too (especially after the unhelpful phone call with TurboTax support), but after the very reasonable reply given earlier in this thread, I’m honestly fine with that. It is what it is. You can either stay angry about it and continue to waste a bunch of your time and energy on something that you cannot control, or you can be a grown-up and move forward.

GO AWAY LEFT WING...     "Is what it is". That's what people say when they don't like the facts. OH, also... I got thumbs up, you didn't.. Go AWAY.

Sounds like you're a pro whiner.. You called them, I didn't. So shut up..  

@ReneeM7122  The error is not only on the negative proceeds but also on the positive proceeds for me. this is in reference to the 1099-B from Webull. Yes I tried to use the fix and leave the cost basis 0 and cost proceed to the difference so that the gain stays the same but this didn't do anything. I have 10 pages worth of transactions so not worth entering manually. I ready somewhere else that this will be resolved end of february. Let me know if you any more info?

@fyreous  Let me know if option 3 worked out for you ??

It's Feb 27th and I'm still having the same problem. I enter a date and it asks me to enter it again.

• Hey! So I managed to figure it out the other day. I'm going off of memory here so bear with me...What you need to do is go back to where you uploaded your 1099-B (I think it was in the Income section) and DELETE it. Then, you want to go through the process again but instead of uploading your 1099-B after selecting your bank/brokerage, select enter manually (don't worry you will NOT have to enter each transaction manually). Then they will ask you if you have more than 4 line items or less, and you can select "I have more than 4". Then it will have you just enter the summary values instead of having every stock entered individually. For me, I had two summary values to enter from my 1099-B, short term covered and short term uncovered. If you have more it will let you input the others. This should work and solve the problem! I believe they still asked me to upload a copy of my 1099b to send to the IRS just for verification purposes at the very end, but turbo tax used my inputted summarized values which are from the 1099b anyways. Good luck everyone!

It is a glitch. I'm entering in the exact information from my 1099 and it keeps telling me to enter the information I already entered. It's even correct in the preview turbotax is showing me. I've tried dates older than a year, less than a year...literally nothing works. 

Check this post. Seems like this error is due to TurboTax not being able to convert  items with "various" acquiring date from Webull. For now, only fix is to edit them manually which is lame. TurboTax should fix this which seems not very hard as they've fixed this for Robinhood already. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-check-this-entry-form-1099-b-date-acquired-err...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies