turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

On my 1099-B, the 1b (date acquire) field is blank. It doesn't have anything in it at all. When I try to leave that space blank n TurboTax, it tells me I must enter date

I'm having the same issue. "date acquired field must be entered" . The date acquired IS present in the box and I'm still getting this message. Has to be a software glitch. Also my computer will lockup trying to fix an entry that already exists. I've logged into TurboTax on different machines getting the same results. Any suggestions??? This is extremely annoying. Neve had any issues with TurboTax until filing Webull tax with Premier upgrade for $70.00 plus tax.  

On my 1099-B, the 1b (date acquire) field is blank. It doesn't have anything in it at all. When I try to leave that space blank n TurboTax, it tells me I must enter date

Also getting this same issue as well as other problems and general slow performance. Very dissapointed with turbotax and would not recommend to anyone. It looks like I will have to enter my 25 pages of tax sales manually which is why I paid $55 for the software in the first place. I will be calling ASAP on Monday for a refund. Worst software ever!

Hey Dan, I'm having the same problem. Computer also locks up each time for me too. No matter what date I put in that form it won't let me past. Extremely annoying.

For all those still having this issue - I just spoke with a Turbo Tax rep on the phone, and they said the form has not updated for 2020 yet. She said by Feb. 26th it should be resolved and to try again then. 

Thank you! I hope it works all this is very frustrating. 

This would fix the need of having to input "date acquired" right? Thanks for reaching out to everyone on here by the way. 

jemac12

What form are we talking about that will be fixed by Feb 26?

The forms they must be referring to are the Schedule D and Form 8949, however, on the IRS website specific to the 8949, it is not giving a definitive date. @jemac12 please let me know if you had further questions or were just curious as to the forms they were referring to and I'd be happy to further assist.

I too am having this exact same issue. Spent 30 mins on the phone with TurboTax support people who clearly had no idea how to help. I told them this appeared to be a software bug and that they should open up an engineering or tech support ticket so that their developers could look into the issue.

Instead, they insisted on doing unhelpful things like clearing my browser cache and cookies, or having me re-enter my 1099-B all over again. I finally gave up in frustration. 

I've used TurboTax for over a decade, but this may in fact be the year that I finally switch to another program. Ridiculous.

Even when I enter the date it just keeps going back to it, any fix for this?

Some customers are impacted by the negative proceeds values issue that is preventing the e-file submission of tax returns.

There are three different ways you can fix your negative proceeds values.:

1. Complete your tax return and mail it in as-is. Although the IRS will not allow e-filing at the moment, they will accept your return via mail.
  2. Wait for the issue to be resolved (late March) and e-file your return. We have been partnering with the IRS on this issue and expect them to update their rules by then.
  3. Modify each sale on your 1099-Bs with a negative proceeds value, and refile now.

See below for additional details.

Option 1: Complete your tax return and mail it in as-is

Option 2: Wait for the issue to be resolved (late March) and e-file your return

Option 3: Modify each sale on your 1099-Bs with a negative proceeds value, and refile now

If you have additional questions or would like to speak with one of our experts at any point during this process, please call us at (833) 594-0709 and mention “1099-B Negative Value Issue.” We’re here to help every day from 5 am - 9 pm PST.

@fyreous

So what your saying is I gave TurboTax $70 for a product that TurboTax knew don't work. So where's my refund for the premier upgrade? 

I mean, I’m also on Premier but I haven’t paid yet. I don’t believe they make you pay until you file.

Nope, they made me pay $70 also. This is really annoying. Such a simple software issue that can be easily fixed. I want a refund too and better customer service.

I've been using TurboTax for quite a few years.. I'm not using TurboTax ever again. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies