Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

fyrewallinc
Returning Member

October 15 is deadline to file taxes. I am missing forms. How can I file?

I have October 15th to file my taxes. There are forms missing for me to file. How do I file even if those forms are downloaded from IRS.gov.? If I send via mail AFTER E FILING, how can I be sure they will not be DELAYED and I can be fined?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

18 Replies

What forms do you think are missing?  All forms have been available for months.  Are you using desktop software?  Have you updated the software?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

What forms are you missing when using the TurboTax software?

If you have additional forms to include with your tax return that are not included in the TurboTax program and the forms require that they are to be attached to your federal tax return, Form 1040, you cannot e-file the tax return.  It must be printed and mailed with the attached forms.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for printing a tax return for mailing - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

fyrewallinc
Returning Member

Appreciate your response. However, I am concerned that if I EFILE with TT then send HARD COPIES of the 'missing forms', how can I be sure the info will reach ALTOGETHER in time to IRS? I dont want to be penalized. Your thoughts?

Carl
Level 15

If you have already e-filed the return **AND** the return has been accepted by the IRS, then do absolutely nothing at this time. If the IRS needs additional forms they will send you a letter in the U.S. mail to the address you listed on the return, requesting the additional information needed. If/when that happens, make sure you follow the instructions in that letter to *absolute* *perfection* and do no more or no less than the letter instructs. Deviating from the instructions provided by the IRS has a fairly good potential of delaying the processing of your return even longer.

fyrewallinc
Returning Member

in reviewing the link provided, it expects me to print and send. Yet, I need to know what info to put into the 'missing forms' based on TT working. Again, there is no mention of 2019 deadline. It speaks more about 2018. I am baffled to find no customer service help for this software.No live person to speak with.

fyrewallinc
Returning Member

So TT will allow me to file without the missing forms? When the forms do become available on TT,  will I be able to 'patch up' the missing info and resubmit? I have never done this prior. Your valuable advice on providing only relevant info if IRS writes/requests is well-taken!!!

@fyrewallinc wrote:

in reviewing the link provided, it expects me to print and send. Yet, I need to know what info to put into the 'missing forms' based on TT working. Again, there is no mention of 2019 deadline. It speaks more about 2018. I am baffled to find no customer service help for this software.No live person to speak with.

Assuming that you have NOT filed your 2019 tax return, either e-filed or mailed, if you have forms or schedules to include with the 2019 tax return that were not provided to you with the TurboTax program, you MUST print and mail the tax return, it Cannot be e-filed. 

The only instance of the 2019 software referring to 2018 in the File section of the program is if you are e-filing the 2019 tax return you must enter the 2018 AGI to verify with the IRS that the 2019 being e-filed belongs to you.

To contact TurboTax support -

See this TurboTax support FAQ on how to contact Support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3401489

Or -

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Or -

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

Or -

Use this phone number and select TurboTax - 1-800-4-INTUIT (1-800-446-8848)

Or -

On any TurboTax webpage, including this one, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link Contact Us

Anonymous
Not applicable

you never told us what forms you think you are missing.  it would be helpful to know.

fyrewallinc
Returning Member

Thank you. Now I understand. My 'inexpertise' is prevalent with regards to 'what info' to put in the hard copy forms without TT. (I am so used to them doing the work:) ). Any wise counsel on that?

fyrewallinc
Returning Member

Sorry. I am missing K1, Shed C, 8995 and EIC.

Some of them have a "DO NOT FILE" in red on TT.  The other is 'not available for release'.

Did you encounter the same issue?

Thanks

@fyrewallinc wrote:

Thank you. Now I understand. My 'inexpertise' is prevalent with regards to 'what info' to put in the hard copy forms without TT. (I am so used to them doing the work:) ). Any wise counsel on that?

If you could provide the IRS Form numbers that you are missing it would be helpful.

The forms and schedules included with the TurboTax personal editions are complete for tax year 2019.  There will not be any further forms added to the 2019 TurboTax program.

Go to this link for all the IRS Federal tax forms and schedules included in the 2019 TurboTax individual tax return program - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

@fyrewallinc wrote:

Sorry. I am missing K1, Shed C, 8995 and EIC.

Some of them have a "DO NOT FILE" in red on TT.  The other is 'not available for release'.

Did you encounter the same issue?

Thanks

Are you using the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions installed on your personal computer?

All of those forms and schedules are available and have been released for filing.

Have you updated your software?  Click on Online at the top of the desktop program screen.  Click on Check for Updates.

To verify that you are at the latest release of the software on a Windows computer, see this TurboTax support FAQ - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/verify-turbotax-for-windows-basic-deluxe-premier-or-...

fyrewallinc
Returning Member

Thanks. I have checked for updates several times. It says the software is updated :(

The forms in question still show "DO NOT FILE" in Bold red letters

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies