turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Now I feel old

I am 66 years old. TT apparently decided to file Form 1040-SR. Sigh.

I thought the only real difference was larger type on the SR. Why would that matter for TurboTax? I'm going to e-file.

When I go into Forms Mode, I see Form 1040. Only when I print to PDF do I see 1040-SR. Why the discrepancy?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Now I feel old

There seems to be a considerable amount of confusion and worry regarding the new Form 1040SR.  There is no need to worry if your return is on a Form 1040SR this year.

Compare the Form 1040 and the Form 1040SR with each other.  The lines are the same.  The calculations will be done exactly the same way.  The difference is the 1040SR has larger print and a different background color. There is no effect whatsoever on your tax due or refund amount.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040s.pdf

I personally think it is great that I will not need a magnifying glass to look at my tax return this year.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Now I feel old

I understand, I was just being a cranky old guy because TT made the choice for me without asking.

But I just found a check box on the Info Wks which allows me to choose which 1040 to print.

Now I feel old

Personal to @xmasbaby0 : your signature is truncated both when reading and replying to your post. 2 images attached below.

xmas1.pngxmas2.png

Now I feel old

If you use the Desktop program you can switch to forms and the Info Wks part II has a selection to select 1040SR or not.

1040SR.jpg

Now I feel old

@bobweissman Thanks --- great --it's always something...it does not ever appear that way on my screen--now I wonder if it is messed up elsewhere and I cannot see it.....

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Now I feel old

Now that I'm no longer a SU/Champ, I see things as an ordinary user. Maybe that's the difference, @xmasbaby0 .

Now I feel old

@VolvoGirl Thank you!!  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies