Solved: Re: My Turbotax 2019 for Mac no longer opens - Page 7

My Turbotax 2019 for Mac no longer opens

Why not?  What happens?

[On Mac with latest Catalina OS 10.15.5] When State and Federal were both selected, I would get login screen to purchase state e-file.

I would login and it would show previously purchased state efile, and then ask to Continue (or similar), then TurboTax would crash.

I ended up installing TurboTax 2019 on ancient Windows 10 laptop and was able to submit Federal, but not State as it would loop at login.  It seems like cache issue, which I tried to cleanup without luck.
Waiting for callback from TT Support.

@safer-at-home  = Rockstar status!   Thanks!

Removing ./<user>/Library/Caches/KSCrash/Turbotax'   did the trick!

Guys,

Just got off the phone with Intuit Support. Very friendly folks, but they were not able to help get TurboTax running again on my Mac. To be clear, here was my experience:

1. Purchased & installed on Mac OS X 10.15.5

2. Went through my tax return

3. Purchased AuditDefense at the end; printed receipt, etc.

4. After completing the Audit Defense purchase, TurboTax 2019 Premier crashed

5. Tried restarting TurboTax Premier 2019, appeared to try to open, but would quickly crash and disappear. 

6. Many variations of reboot/uninstall/reinstall, even got a new product key from support for last reinstall; No progress.

7. Note: when trying to restart TurboTax, the failure/crash comes very fast, but after many tries was able to get two screen captures - first dialog box to flash on the screen reads as follows

"Please wait while we verify everything is up to date..."

This persists for perhaps a second before the following flashes in the blink of an eye and disappears:

Title Bar: "Software Update"

Text: "We recommend installing these updates. The available updates marked critical and may affect important functionality."

Button: "Install Update"

Again, these two dialog boxes pop and disappear in a flash. I can't believe I was actually able to time my screen shots to capture them, otherwise they are unreadable. 

My Solution: Grab your Turbotax data file, move it to another computer, re-install TurboTax on that other computer, pick up where you left off and don't make any sudden moves - good luck!

)I hope the above helps Intuit engineering figure out and solve the problem, this appears to be affecting a number of people. )

NOTE - it looks like this issue came up after a number of us did a credit card transaction with Intuit near the end of the filing - e.g., paying for Audit Defense, paying for online filing... ??

I had the same issues as above (entered credit card # for state return).  I deleted the crash file -- opened the program back up.  I unchecked the state return and was able to e-file my federal since no credit card option is needed.  Will likely end up mailing my state return (as others, I already paid -- will call my credit card company to see if they can reverse the charges).   It appears the credit card function is what is causing all the problems. 

Update: TT customer service helped me file my state return as well.  I did need to give them my order number from my email; however, when I went to file a family member's report, it went through without a problem.  So, I'm wondering if the type of return may be a trigger or a particular schedule (the family member's was a basic 1040 with no major bells/whistles).   

This is exactly what just happened to me - but I can't even open it to print my refund - what do I do?  I tried to get someone to talk to but just ended up in a horrible infinite loop with the autobot - 

It's July 14th....

This link doesn't work and I can't figure out how to get help with anything.  I keep getting more stupid auto answers and have asked to talk to someone 6 time.  

How do I get help with this?  I can't even print my file now.  

I have one day to file - I can't believe this is still happening. 

@safer-at-home Is on the money! Thank you.  

Intuit, thank you for big middle finger right after I paid $24.99 for state e-file. Next time I'll trust USPS, thank you very much

This worked for me as well. Always clean out the Library first! Thanks for posting this one! 

No need to re-install !

I was able to recreate this crash and fix several times. Other people have helped figure these out, I'm just consolidating them into one post. @webheads7  @kookla143 @pking1414 etc. Thanks!  

@/turbotax-2019-for-mac-keeps-crashing-won-t-open-fix/01/1686658 

I upgraded to Catalina and I still could not open turbo tax and today is the tax filing deadline. I may go to another tax program next year.

Hi Alex, 

I had the same problem - another user posted this earlier this year so I'm paying this forward to you: 

Follow this path and remove KSCrash/Turbotax: 

/<user>/Library/Caches/KSCrash/Turbotax'  

That did the trick for me!