MrRichDC

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Guys,

Just got off the phone with Intuit Support. Very friendly folks, but they were not able to help get TurboTax running again on my Mac. To be clear, here was my experience:

1. Purchased & installed on Mac OS X 10.15.5

2. Went through my tax return

3. Purchased AuditDefense at the end; printed receipt, etc.

4. After completing the Audit Defense purchase, TurboTax 2019 Premier crashed

5. Tried restarting TurboTax Premier 2019, appeared to try to open, but would quickly crash and disappear. 

6. Many variations of reboot/uninstall/reinstall, even got a new product key from support for last reinstall; No progress.

7. Note: when trying to restart TurboTax, the failure/crash comes very fast, but after many tries was able to get two screen captures - first dialog box to flash on the screen reads as follows

"Please wait while we verify everything is up to date..."

This persists for perhaps a second before the following flashes in the blink of an eye and disappears:

Title Bar: "Software Update"

Text: "We recommend installing these updates. The available updates marked critical and may affect important functionality."

Button: "Install Update"

Again, these two dialog boxes pop and disappear in a flash. I can't believe I was actually able to time my screen shots to capture them, otherwise they are unreadable. 

My Solution: Grab your Turbotax data file, move it to another computer, re-install TurboTax on that other computer, pick up where you left off and don't make any sudden moves - good luck!

)I hope the above helps Intuit engineering figure out and solve the problem, this appears to be affecting a number of people. )