turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My stimulus check is wrong. What now?

I only received 2900$!!!! Where i should be receiving 3400!

i have two sons i filed taxes in 2018,2019

who do i have to contact for that mistake

[email address removed]

My sons one is 3 and a half and the other is one and a half years just children

3.5 years, 1.5 years old

SuzieK59

I did not get the money on my grandsons that i should of gotten ! I have custody of 2 of my grandsons and never got the money on them !! I just got mine today ! My daughter lives with me and she claimed them on her taxes and she didnt get anything on them either ! I need to find out where their money went ! They have been with me for 3 years !! Plz help me figure this out !! 

mikatomal

We received a weird amount too. We should have gotten $2400 and we got $1484.65. The letter we received today says we got $1484.00. But the letter does not explain any reason for the amount you got. Plus the web site and phone # on the letter are no help. They just give generalized info. This is crazy!

If the children's mother claimed them as dependents then you were not eligible to receive any payment for them, so your check was correct.  Sounds like their mother's check was wrong but we do not have enough detail to make that determination.  Only the IRS could answer that and they are not open for questions.  Their mother, though, could possibly receive her payment for them next year when she files tax for 2020.

I was sent$1200 correctlyfor myself but didn't receive  my $500 for my dependent. Who and where do I contact help please. 

A dependent who is 17 at year-end 2019 is not eligible for the stimulus.  They must be 16 or younger.

They must be under 17, not 18, to qualify.

They are 3 years and the other a year and a half

One is 3 years and the other is 1.5 yesrs

3 years and the other is a year and a half

3.5 years and the other is 1.5

I have 3 dependants and should have received 2,700 and only received 1,200. My fiancé’s money also just did not come at all. This is extremely frustrating  that for a family of 5 we only got 1,200. It seems like nonfilers are the ones being left out of the dependants money and it’s so unfair they are doing absolutely nothing about it! I filled the nonfilers form on April 10th the day the former came out and they said as long as u filled it out on time u will received ur full payment... well clearly that’s not the case!

While millions of Americans have received stimulus checks, some are finding that they’re receiving less than what they were expecting.   https://fox59.com/news/coronavirus/receive-less-stimulus-money-than-you-expected-heres-what-the-irs-...

The federal government’s stimulus plan provides $1,200 for individual taxpayers plus $500 for each child under the age of 17.

Yet, in many cases, parents received less money than they expected—with the extra $500 for dependents missing.

It’s difficult to get answers because the Internal Revenue Service isn’t taking phone calls or emails about problems with the stimulus program. However, it has been updating the “frequently asked questions” section on its website.

What should you do if you didn’t get the money you were expecting?

According to an IRS FAQ page update from this week, you’ll need to claim the additional money when you file your 2020 tax return.

From the IRS website:

If you did not receive the full amount to which you believe you are entitled, you will be able to claim the additional amount when you file your 2020 tax return.  This is particularly important for individuals who may be entitled to the additional $500 per qualifying child dependent payments. For VA and SSI recipients who don’t have a filing requirement and have a child, they need to use the Non-Filers tool on IRS.gov by May 5 in order to have the $500 added automatically to their $1,200 Economic Impact payment.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies