turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My stimulus check is wrong. What now?

Took out about $4000 and i can see it pending for the 17 of March so that put me at 79,000

For the 3rd Stimulus?  Yes  75,000 is the max for Single.  Then it phases out up to 80,000.  So you got just a little of the 1,400.  

I claimed myself and 3 children and my STIMULAS ck was only $2800. My AGI is below $35000, what do I do

the 3rd payment is an advance against 2021 taxes..... so even if your income was $79,000 (presumably for 2020) and the stimulus payment was reduced because of that, what REALLY matters is your 2021 return.  If your income ends up being below $75,000 for 2021, you'll get the remainder of the stimulus when you file next year.  All is not lost; it's just delayed 

and the reverse works to your benefit as well... if 2020 income was below $75,000 (and you get the $1400), but your 2021 income exceeds $80,000, you will NOT be asked to pay it back.

@angelaprall  - 

what did your 2019 tax return show?  how many dependents (plus you)

did you file your 2020 tax return yet? how many dependents (plus you)  did it show.

If the first two stimulus payments are any guide, your only avenue to get it fixed is on your 2021 tax return next year. sorry about that. 

My son is carsonated  I'm his power  of tourney he was asking me to help him get it he has not got any of them I have his information he was  wondering were they r at & if I can file it for  him & how do I do it 

is he able to receive  it & were, is it ,how will he & I know it will b mailed to him  when will he get it

I need to know were it is when will my son get his Stimulus  check if it was sent some were & if so were , when if at all were could I or him get it I need help what can we do

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

You can prepare a tax return for your son in TurboTax and e-file it if you have a power of attorney to sign for him. Here is a link to the power of attorney form 2484, you need to complete parts 1,2,3,5(a) and have him sign on line 7.

Also, complete part II and use code "F" as the designation in column 1 and sign in column 4 and date in column 5.

Here's a link to the form and instructions:

https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-2848

You need to mail the form 2848 and wait a few weeks for it to be processed before you e-file the tax return.

Also, you could complete the tax return and have him sign it, then you wouldn't need a power of attorney, but you would need to mail the tax return in.

You can use your address on the tax return or your bank account if you want direct deposit of the check.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Was my stimulus check supposed to be included in my tax return

@Jasonmonroe 

If you used the recovery rebate credit on your 2020 tax return there is an amount on line 30 of your Form 1040.  That amount was then added to the refund---your total refund is shown on line 35a.  There was no place to enter anything about the 3rd stimulus check on a 2020 return.   The IRS releases the 3rd check at a later time.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

The IRS is issuing 3rd stimulus checks on its own timetable.

You can use the IRS Get My Payment site to see what is expected for your 3rd stimulus check:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies