turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ladyzoot

My return was rejected- IRS was still processing my 2019 return, AGI changed. I filed an extension. Logged in to fix it, now says E-File Accepted- is that the extension?

I haven't gotten a confirmation email that the return was accepted and no refund yet, though Turbotax said it should have arrived a month ago. The IRS refund check tool shows nothing- just says to recheck the entered information. There's no longer an option to "fix my return" on Turbo Tax. Is is actually accepted?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

My return was rejected- IRS was still processing my 2019 return, AGI changed. I filed an extension. Logged in to fix it, now says E-File Accepted- is that the extension?

Yes ... only the extension was accepted.   You still need to file the return ... and since the 2019 return was processed late you can try using a ZERO for the AGI and if that doesn't work your only choice is to print, ink sign and mail in the return. 

ladyzoot

I filed and was rejected on May 14th and filed the extension on the 17th which was accepted but now it says my return was accepted on the 14th. So because I filed the extension with Turbotax I can no longer e-file? Is this correct? It just says that my Federal Return was accepted and my anticipated refund date with an option to print my return but no options to correct or resubmit. I just don't want to mess up and file it twice. Thanks so much for the help.

Please use the following link to contact Customer Support for further assistance.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

you can't e-File twice.

If your request for extension was ACCEPTED,

you can still e-File your tax return until Oct 15

If TurboTax thinks your return was e-Filed.

Find another tax prep software outfit.

There's at least one that will e-File your Federal return for no charge.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies