turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ladyzoot

My return was rejected- IRS was still processing my 2019 return, AGI changed. I filed an extension. Logged in to fix it, now says E-File Accepted- is that the extension?

I haven't gotten a confirmation email that the return was accepted and no refund yet, though Turbotax said it should have arrived a month ago. The IRS refund check tool shows nothing- just says to recheck the entered information. There's no longer an option to "fix my return" on Turbo Tax. Is is actually accepted?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

My return was rejected- IRS was still processing my 2019 return, AGI changed. I filed an extension. Logged in to fix it, now says E-File Accepted- is that the extension?

Yes ... only the extension was accepted.   You still need to file the return ... and since the 2019 return was processed late you can try using a ZERO for the AGI and if that doesn't work your only choice is to print, ink sign and mail in the return. 

ladyzoot

I filed and was rejected on May 14th and filed the extension on the 17th which was accepted but now it says my return was accepted on the 14th. So because I filed the extension with Turbotax I can no longer e-file? Is this correct? It just says that my Federal Return was accepted and my anticipated refund date with an option to print my return but no options to correct or resubmit. I just don't want to mess up and file it twice. Thanks so much for the help.

Please use the following link to contact Customer Support for further assistance.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

you can't e-File twice.

If your request for extension was ACCEPTED,

you can still e-File your tax return until Oct 15

If TurboTax thinks your return was e-Filed.

Find another tax prep software outfit.

There's at least one that will e-File your Federal return for no charge.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies