turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

roldosa

My return was rejected, but I opted to pay my taxes with my AMEX and Turbotax took my money. So now, in the refile, it appears as if they want to charge me again?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

My return was rejected, but I opted to pay my taxes with my AMEX and Turbotax took my money. So now, in the refile, it appears as if they want to charge me again?

There is no charge for resubmitting a tax return after a rejection has occurred.   You may need to speak with someone in customer support to get this resolved if you have been charged already.  Unfortunately, no one in this forum has any access to billing information.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
roldosa

You misunderstood; I know there is no charge to refile. But I charged my card to pay my taxes the first time. The money is gone. It's been charged.  But the return has been rejected. So where is that money now?

How much?  The actual tax due was charged to your credit card?  Not just the Turbo Tax fees?  You are posting from the Self Employed version which is the highest version.  $120 + 50 for state.

roldosa

Yes, the actual taxes due, several thousand. I need to know where that money is now.

So it sounds like your original return went through and was Accepted?  Maybe just the State Rejected.  Double check your efile status here     

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/   

roldosa

Both were rejected. The federal was rejected because of a vague error code that mentioned something about "stimulus." I don't know, wasn't clear at all. The state rejected it because the federal was rejected. In the "fix" steps, nothing actually needed to be updated. Just refiled. I should note, I filed over a week ago and has been pending all this time.

Kusaka333
Returning Member

Same here, i owed 150$ for federal, but i was to get 500 back from state, Both rejected but still charged me the 150$ off my card and tells me to refile while the amount owed is unchanged??

You sure the $150 wasn't for the Turbo Tax fees?

Kusaka333
Returning Member

i did everything that was free do it your self on these taxes, even if that was it, they still took 150$ while everything was rejected. Trying not to refile and spend another 150$

Kusaka333
Returning Member

nothin u can even buy from them as a plan cost that much either, so wtf??

Aaronlai

Have u got the refund back?

Aaronlai

Hi. Have u got the refund back finally? Thank you 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies