turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Missing forms?

The IRS released form 8949 on 12/10 with instructions on 1/28 and form 8960 on 1/25 with instructions on 1/29. When will these be available in TT business 2020? The TT table says it is "available" but I haven't gotten a new update (says my software is up to date)

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies

Missing forms?

Same here.  I've received two emails from TurboTax saying Form 8960 is available but the app won't update with the form.

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Missing forms?

May I ask which version of TurboTax you are using? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Missing forms?

I am using TurboTax for Business for Tax Year 2020 (Windows only) and am preparing a Form 1041 (Trust) tax return.  Even though your website and two emails to me state that Form 8960 is now available for update and download, my app says it is up to date and will not download the Form.  Mase46

Missing forms?

I am using both TT premier and TT business. 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Missing forms?

You will need to manually update the software to gain access to those available forms.  Refer to the following Help Article for instructions:  Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business)

Missing forms?

The link you provided is for personal income tax software.  We need the manual update link for TurboTax for Business 2020.  The only link I found on your website is for the manual update for 2019 and prior years.  What if I deleted TurboTax for Business and reinstalled it?  Would that fix the download problem?  Given the number of posts on this topic, TurboTax clearly has a defect.

Missing forms?

The manual update did not work. It says I don't have TT2020 installed and I do. I need the update for TT2020 Business (not home and business).  Please provide the proper update so I can complete the forms.

Missing forms?

I tried Uninstalling and reinstalling TT2020 Business and the forms are still not there.  Tried the manual update again and it says I that I don't have TT2020 installed. This is ridiculous since I have both Premier and Business installed.

"TurboTax 2020 is not installed. Please install TurboTax 2020 first and then re-run this update"

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Missing forms?

Based on the availability forms page here, the form should be available for Turbo Tax Business as well. 

If the form is not showing, please click here to contact customer support after you have installed any available update. 

Missing forms?

Contacted suppport and after 45 minutes, they forwarded me to a "higher level" of support. So far no answer.....

Missing forms?

The availability of the forms has now been changed to 2/11. We will see if they will come through on an update

Missing forms?

As of this morning, the automatic update works!  The forms are now there.

Thank you, QUINN!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies