Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

rifi
Level 4

Missing 2021 Form 1116

• Dear distraught Turbotax users:

TurboTax has no motivation to get this done before March 3. For one thing, more software muscle costs money. And for every TurboTax Online user who leaves because of this and goes to an alternative like H & R Block, many many users will stick with TurboTax and wait for the form as February 28 comes and goes. Thus, each will end up needing to pay TurboTax  many tens of additional dollars - as the price increase kicks in. A net $$ win for TurboTax. Those who have already paid for download or disc are already locked in, unless they just write it off as a loss.

Turbotax users are not like elephants. TT users have short memories. And TurboTax knows its customers. 

And (while we are on the topic of corporate vulture behavior)  let us not forget that TurboTax Online now, in 2022, bundles State return preparation and State return e-file. The bundling is mandatory; print and mail in State return (for a lower price) is no longer an option. TurboTax’s cost for it to e-file your State return is trivial. Generating more  profits for TurboTax

CEO Goodarzi certainly deserves his bonus this year. He must be smiling, and thinking ‘What a country!”

tarobbs

Missing 2021 Form 1116

02/21/2022 Form 1116 is still reports as not available in the program.  Is there a update?

etconroy

Missing 2021 Form 1116

IRS site says 1116 will be ready 3-3-2022

Missing 2021 Form 1116

It now says 3/3

Missing 2021 Form 1116

I tried entering by hand the Foreign tax credit in form 1116 and then it doubled the amount that appeared Sched 3 Line 1 and 1040 Line 20.  I deleted the 1116 and it rev erted to the correct amount in both places.  We'll just have to wait for TT to deliver.  I'm in the same situation as others here, having to file early due to upcoming travel. I'll have to lug all my files and laptop with me.

TT please make your 3/3/2021 date this time!

Missing 2021 Form 1116

New date is 3/3. 

Missing 2021 Form 1116

to be totally fair to TT, the IRS instructions for form 1116 indicate that there are 3 new schedules created for this form: B, C and K-3.  That's a lot of programming to do, and it needs to be tested to ensure that it is correct, which is probably why it is taking so much time.

BOHICA

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Last week the availability date for form 1116 was 2/24/22, and today it's 3/3/22.  Can anyone tell me why it keeps getting moved back?  Besides COVID that is.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

@exdev 

yet, H&R Block has the same form tested and loaded into their software and likely so do all of the “professional” software companies that support CPAs.  TT has no real excuse here except “ooops”……

MWtt

Missing 2021 Form 1116

I now looks like TT has delayed the Form 1116 to 3-3-22.

So much for trying to file taxes early and avoid the later crush at the IRS!

Come on, TT, get your act together!

For the cost, I am doubting TT is worth it.

MWtt

Missing 2021 Form 1116

TT now says F1116 will not be available until 3-3-22.

Way too late to be able to file early and avoid IRS crush.

Does TT cost way too much for what you get?

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Turbotax has finally forced me to change to H&R block because of the lack of responsiveness to issues,  Here's my summary:

1) Turbotax has no forum or place to look up what the current issues are, so that users have to a) identify the known problems on their own and b) not know whether Turbotax recognizes that there is an issue or not.  Their premium support is clueless on whether an issue is known or not and when it will get fixed.  Some issues are known but will not get fixed.  An example is e-filing an amended return the following year.  IRS allows it, the free version online provided by the same company as turbotax allows it, but turbotax doesnt allow it.

2) Turbotax refuses to provide what changes have been made in each update, making the user guess if their issue has been fixed or not.

These 2 issues indicate that turbotax doesnt care about actual support, just providing a veneer of support.  Time to bite the bullet and change!

This

Missing 2021 Form 1116

I still do not the avialbility of Form 1116 and it is February 21, 2022.

Does anybody the latest status?

I also have a similar problem wit Clifornia Form 3801. Status says "Ready soon."

Missing 2021 Form 1116

A few words were missing in my previous post. Here it is ...

I still do not see the availability of the Form 1116.

Does anybody know the latest status of its availability?

I also have a similar problem with California Form 3801. Status says "Ready soon."

Missing 2021 Form 1116

@pittampalli wrote:

I still do not the avialbility of Form 1116 and it is February 21, 2022.

Does anybody the latest status?

I also have a similar problem wit Clifornia Form 3801. Status says "Ready soon."

Form 1116, Foreign Tax Credit is estimated to be available on 03/03/2022

See - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

Form CA 3801, Passive Activity Loss Limitations is estimated to be available on 03/03/2022

See - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_ca_online_individual.html

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies